Master Plan Part 2

I finally found Scott and Isaac and a third person in an alleyway.

I ran up, saying, "Scott, I couldn't fi-. Oh... Mr. Argent." I stopped, waiting to see if I had just entered a hostage situation.

"It's okay. He's here to help," Scott said.

"I think he stopped moving," Isaac said, looking in the backseat. I looked over to see a black zipped body bag. My bet was Jackson was in there.

"Where's Derek?" Chris Argent asked. As if on cue, Derek came running up to us on all fours, as if we were supposed to be impressed or intimidated or something. I put my hands on my hips, waiting with my eyebrows up as if I was waiting for a child to get through a sentence without saying 'um'.

Derek came to a stop in front of us after doing a flip. Jeez, dramatic much? He looked up at us from his crouched position, showing off his red eyes. He stood once his eyes dulled back to green.

"I'm here for Jackson, not you," Argent said.

"Somehow, I don't find that very comforting," Derek replied. Argent nodded slowly. "Get him inside." Derek looked at us and Scott nodded at him. I helped drag Jackson out of the backseat and into the abandoned warehouse.

"Where are they?" Scott asked. Derek looked behind him confused.

"Who?"

"Peter and Lydia," Scott said, his voice rising in worry. Derek didn't answer as he looked down at the body bag. He straddled it, bending to unzip it.

"Hold on a second," Scott said as Derek unzipped Jackson. "You said you knew how to save him."

Derek opened the bag. "We're past that." Jackson was inside, his arms folded over his chest and half-transformed. His entire lower half was encased in some kind of a thick gel substance.

"What about-?"

Derek's head whipped around to yell, "Think about it, Scott! Gerard controls him now. He's turned Jackson into his own personal guard dog. And he set all of this in motion so that Jackson could get even bigger and more powerful."

"No," Argent said, shaking his head in disbelief. "No, he wouldn't do that. If Jackson's a dog, he's turning rabid, and my father wouldn't let a rabid dog live."

"He killed me," I admitted, drawing Argent's attention to me. "That night at the station, he shot me and when I was down, he shot me again so I wouldn't live. I came back to life four days later."

"Is that true?" Argent asked under his breath.

"Of course not," Gerard yelled, stepping out of the darkness. I felt my claws start to come out as I imagined wrapping them around his throat. "And anything that dangerous, that out of control..." He looked down at Jackson with a scowl. "Is better off dead."

Derek inhaled and swung his claws down to kill Jackson, but Jackson's eyes shot open, his own claws digging into Derek's chest. Argent aimed a heavy gun at Jackson, and Jackson stood, leaving Derek impaled on his claws like he weighed nothing. He threw Derek across the building as easy as you would a football.

"Well done to the last, Scott," Gerard praised, walking to us. "Like the concerned friend you are, you brought Jackson to Derek to save him. You just didn't realize that you were also bringing Derek to me."

An arrow whistled by that Scott and I easily dodged. It buried into Isaac and he fell to the ground. Allison whizzed back into the shadows out of sight with her crossbow. I helped Scott pick up Isaac and drag him to a different room while Argent shot at Jackson.