Raving Part 3

The second I got into Stiles' Jeep, I knew something was off. The taste of grief was strong in my mouth.

"Oh, no. What happened?" I asked, looking at him. He was staring out the front windshield.

"My dad got fired because of me," he whispered, his fingers gripping the wheel. I felt like every breath I took sounded deafening in the silence of the car. We sat at the curb in front of my house for a second quietly. What was I supposed to say?

I reached over and grabbed his hand from the wheel, holding it tightly in mine. "Hey," I said to make him look at me. "It'll be okay. We'll figure it out." He nodded and I let go of his hand so he could drive.

He picked up Scott and we parked behind the building. Stiles opened up his trunk, pulling out the trash bag full of ash.

"You okay?" Scott asked.

"Yeah, why?" Stiles said. I kept quiet. If he didn't want to tell Scott, that was his business.

Scott shrugged uncomfortably. "You just didn't say anything the whole way here."

"No, I'm fine," Stiles said. It almost sounded believable. "Just grab the other bag."

"I can't. Remember Deaton said you have to do it alone," Scott reminded. Stiles blinked at nothing, turning his head.

"Okay, this plan is really starting to suck." Stiles exhaled angrily, staring at the bag.

Scott turned like he heard something, then started running off, saying, "No. Not here, not now."

"What?" Stiles asked.

"Scott!" I called. Neither of us got a reply.

"Plan officially sucks," Stiles said unhappily.

"Sorry... I'll meet you inside, okay? I'm gunna see if Jackson is here yet." I gave Stiles a small smile before running to the entry.

Surprisingly, I got in pretty quickly. The music was loud and thumping in my chest, and there were people everywhere and they all had glow sticks. The lights were strobing and it looked awesome. I was smiling before I even realized I was doing it.

I saw Scott and Allison talking hurriedly over in the corner. That's why he'd run off. What was she doing here? Would this ruin the plan?

I checked for the eleventh time that my syringe full of Ketamine was still tucked in the back of my jeans. Searching the crowd, I finally found Jackson 15 minutes later. And Erica. And Isaac. And they were all dancing together. And Erica was between them, making out with Isaac while Jackson made out with her neck.

Jackson shoved them down and walked away. He was coming in my direction, now would be the perfect chance. I hid behind some people as he passed then shot out behind him, stabbing the needle in the vein in his neck. I pressed down on the plunger and Jackson slowly went limp my arms.

I looked over to see Isaac and Erica standing next to me. Isaac had the same needle in his hand, and he was staring at me. I watched him for a second, letting him know with my expression that I saw him with Erica. Why did this always happen to me? Why couldn't I ever find someone? Right now was not the time to figure out the answer.

I tore my gaze away from Isaac and started walking Jackson into a room on the other side of the rave room. There was a chair, so I put him down on it. The room was a mix between metal and concrete and it was small and quiet. I turned around to see Erica and Isaac in the room with me.