Creatures of the Night Part 3

It was pouring rain outside by the time we got to the school, and it was odd how fast it had come on. Like someone had turned on a faucet. We waited for 15 minutes under the overpass and out of the water for Scott to text, but it never came. We didn't hear from Lydia or Kira, either. Or if Malia passed or not.

She complained about that, saying that she didn't want to do this if she wasn't actually a senior, and I completely understood her point. Stiles argued back, comforting her. I ignored this whole thing, quietly slipping away. Unfortunately, the only 'away' there was was through the rain. I was soaked within minutes as I ran underneath a different ceiling.

I glanced back to see them kissing. Stiles was holding her waist gently, holding her body against his, and her hands caressed his cheek. Well, wasn't that just adorable. I turned my back to them again, and as I did, I heard the sounds of fast footsteps running in my direction.

I waited until they were right behind me to whiz around in defense mode. I was about to shove the person up against the wall, but Liam backed away into the rain, apologizing quickly.

"Don't you know not to sneak up on werecat?" I grumbled, pulling him back underneath the ceiling. "What are you doing here anyway?"

"Scott's in trouble," Liam said worriedly. Every thought that had been in my mind beforehand vanished, my sole focus on protecting Scott. I listened through the rain, hearing sounds of an animal fight near the back.

"Stay here," I demanded, instantly running in the direction as fast as I could. I was pretty sure I hear Liam yell that he would tell Stiles and Malia, but I really didn't care. I got there as Kira took off her belt. It stiffened into a sharp sword as she glared at the were...thing(?) growling at her and Scott. I couldn't see exactly what he was since I was behind him, but he had the same facial hair and structure of a werewolf. But, weirdly enough, he had blue talon-like claws on his fingers.

Scott was on the floor in a heap behind Kira, who started swinging her sword at Blue. Unfortunately, he bested her, knocking her to the ground roughly. Anger crept into my throat like vomit, and red was all I could see. I jumped into the fight, already half-transformed, and slashed at his back. He growled in pain, stepping to the side so he could watch me.

I growled at him, probably unattractively, daring him to come forward. He never came to me, so I grew impatient, and I brought the fight to him. I leapt at him, flying through the air and landing with my feet against his chest. He stumbled back into the wall as I backflipped, landing on my feet. I sprang forward, snarling as I rammed his head back into the concrete wall. I heard the crack, but it didn't stop me.

What did stop me was the searing pain that shot through my side as he clawed me. He used that moment to shove me back, and I hit the opposite wall before falling to the ground with a loud groan.

"True alpha?" he asked to Scott. "Where's your power, Scott? Or does your pack fight for you?" Scott roared, whizzing around to glare at him.

"Who are you?" Scott asked.

"A devoted fan," he sassed. "Show me the man who took down Deucalion and broke the Argents. I came for that alpha. Come on!" Scott growled at him again, getting to his feet to fight him. I hit my fist onto the ground, angry at myself for having gotten thrown off so easily. Once I was sure I was healed, I got up to help Scott.

Blue was smiling, seemingly enjoying every punch, kick, and slash Scott was throwing at him. He was the size of a mountain, so it was no surprise when he got a hold of Scott's throat and held him against the wall.

I ran at him with a roar, and he dropped Scott to fight me. I gave what I had, putting all my strength into fighting him. I got a few good hits in before his strength overpowered mine and he knocked me down again.

He turned back to Scott, who was wincing in pain. "I didn't come just to claim your status." He lifted his long claws, and they actually started glowing like a light. I froze on the floor, feeling a steady stream of water drip onto me from a hole in the ceiling. I didn't care, my eyes caught on the wonderment of what he was doing.

He lifted his claws, then all our heads whipped around when another kid, around my age, jumped down from the overpass to watch us. He was cute enough, but it was hard to see who he was. However, he was growling at Scott's devoted fan, so I knew he wasn't human. There was a brief second where no one knew who he'd try to fight, but, luckily for us, his attention seemed to be on attacking Blue.

Blue smiled at this, ready for another challenge. I had to admit, the new kid knew how to fight. He was strong and agile and moved with impressive speed. But, of course, Blue threw him down too. He landed on the ground next to me, and I stared at him for a second. Who the hell was he?

I shook him off and got to my feet, in an attack stance to fight. Scott dodged a few of Blue's swipes, but in a second, he was being held by his throat again. Scott groaned in pain while I growled angrily as Blue shoved his claws into Scott's side.

Even from where I was, I could see the red fade from Scott's eyes as he dropped to his knees, Blue's soft but pleasurable growl permeating the air.

To my left, Stiles, Liam, and Malia ran up, Liam snarling at Blue. I glanced at Stiles then Scott, a fresh wave of anger coursing through me, building up my strength back to full. I jumped up, running at Blue. I wasn't sure who was yelling 'no' at me. It could've been the new guy, but it could've been Stiles. They're voices sounded similar in the heat of the moment.

It didn't matter because I ignored both. It turned out to be a very bad decision because Blue was ready. Before my feet could even touch the ground again, his illuminating blue claws dug inside of me. I coughed wetly, feeling blood already making its way out of my mouth. I could taste it, and it even seemed to be mixed with the taste of the claws. There was something different about them, aside from the blue thing. There was some type of power in them, and it felt like it was pulling on my life force.

Scott glanced at me, then his face dropped into rage. His eyes lit into a deep red as his eyes slid up to Blue. Blue's smile faltered when Scott began to stand, grabbing Blue's wrist tightly. Scott easily snapped the bones in Blue's arm, then thrust his hand away. Blue dropped to his knees, which pulled his claws out of me. Except Blue's other hand was now free of claws because they were stuck in Scott's stomach. They weren't blue anymore. They turned a deep black, almost like someone had turned out the light.

I felt a little weakened, falling back against the wall as I panted in pain and gripped my side where his claws had been. I spit blood onto the ground, hating the fact that it was my own.

Scott had the upper hand now as Blue held his broken arm, the snapped bone poking through his skin. He groaned as Scott ripped Blue's dead claws out of him, throwing them to the ground with a clatter.

"I don't know who you are or what you thought you were going to do," Scott said down to him. "But I'll give you a choice. You can stay and I'll break something else, or you can run." Blue sneered and looked over his shoulder, his eyes falling on Stiles. Stiles had stepped forward a few steps, and he had this look of anger on his face. It wasn't directed at Blue though. It was at me. Why was he mad at me?

"I'd run," Stiles said. Blue got up and quickly ran away, hobbling slightly as he continued to hold his arm.