Ice Pick Part 2

At lunch, Stiles sat in front of a guy named Boyd while I waited for him with Scott. Boyd was very tall, handsome, and eating alone, like he'd done every day since I'd first seen him. It was sad, but he didn't seem to mind.

Boyd didn't even blink as Stiles nodded at him. Stiles had his hand in his pocket like this was a drug deal. All he was doing was buying the keys to the ice skating rink for a double date. It would be him, Scott, Allison, and, you guessed it, Lydia.

"Are you sure you don't want to go?" Scott said. "It's gunna be fun."

I looked at Stiles over Scott's shoulder and chewed on my lip, debating. "Um, no. No, he's going with Lydia, and you have Allison. I would be intruding."

"You never intrude. Come on. At least think about it? We both know Lydia is just going to ignore him."

"Yeah, probably. But no, you two go. Have fun."

"Are you sure?"

"I'm-." I was cut off by the sound of Stiles slapping the keys to the rink down on the table as he sat down next to me.

"Got 'em," Stiles said. "Pick you up right after work tonight and we'll meet at the rink, cool?"

"Yeah, pick Y/N up, too," Scott said, chomping down on a chip.

"What? No, I-."

"Oh, cool, you decided to come?"

"No, I-."

"Great. I'll pick you up first, then get Scott," Stiles grinned at me. My mouth hung open like a fish out of water as I tried to figure out what the heck just happened. Guess I was ice skating tonight. As a fifth wheel. Fun.

"Okay?" I mumbled, slightly confused as to how they just forced this on me. I shook my head and looked at Scott, who was staring shocked behind me. I furrowed my eyebrows and turned, as did Stiles.

The whole room was looking in her direction. Erica was strutting into the room in a tiny leather skirt, cheetah print six-inch heels, a white shirt and a black leather jacket. Her hair was smooth and wavy and her face was clear of the acne she had not three hours ago. She looked incredible, but impossibly so. At least, not three hours possible.

Erica walked over to a table and leaned down, giving every guy a great view of her butt and down her shirt. She smiled at the guy next to her and picked up his apple while he gawked at her. She bit into it, her red lipstick remaining unscathed, and wiped the juice from the corner of her mouth.

Stiles was staring at her like he was thinking very dirty things, which I was definitely jealous of. Lydia smacked her hands on our table angrily.

"What...the holy hell...is that?" she asked slowly. Stiles' eyes followed Erica all the way out of the cafeteria.

"It's Erica," I said. Stiles and Scott jumped up to follow Erica, and I followed, simply because I needed to confirm my suspicions. We ran down the hall and out the door. As suspected, Erica was getting into the sleek black sports car. Derek's car.

"Oh, great. He turned her," I groaned. Erica grinned at us before sitting in the passenger's seat, then Derek turned his head to smirk at us. He had shades on, so I couldn't see his eyes, but they were probably mocking. Derek's tires shrilled as he drove away.

---------------------

Stiles unlocked the rink door. I had on dark blue skinny jeans, a light pink hat with a little ball of fluff on top, and long-sleeve brown knit sweater that ended just below my butt. I kept my hair straight because I really didn't feel like curling it. In fact, I had no one to curl it for, since Stiles would no doubt be preoccupied with trying to get Lydia to talk to him.