Insatiable Part 1

I stood by Stiles' door, leaning against the frame and watching him. He was laying on his bed, his hands folded over his stomach as Melissa checked his vitals. She shone a light over his pupils, then reached out to check his pulse. She hesitated, so he held out his hand to her.

She felt his wrist for his pulse, watching her watch. Stiles looked up at me, and I automatically looked away. If that was Void and not Stiles, I didn't want to fall prey to him, not again. I heard Stiles sigh sadly, and when he looked away, I looked back at him. He didn't seem like Void. But, then again, it was no secret that Void was a pretty good actor. He could just be pretending.

Melissa let go of his hand and said, "Well, medically, you seem okay. You're definitely a real person." She chuckled as if making a joke would ease her discomfort.

"Okay, so I'm real, but am I really me?"

Melissa sighed and passed me on her way out. I stayed at the door, watching as Stiles sat up, scooting to the edge. I stared at him for a second before walking over to the foot of his bed to stand between his legs. His eyes gazed up at me like I was the sun, the moon, and the stars for him, but they were also filled with uncertainty and guilt. I saw none of Void.

"I don't know for sure if you're really you..." I started, reaching up to caress his cheek. His hand automatically came up to cover mine as he waited. "But I think you are. So, I'm gunna say this now. I love you. And I'm gunna kiss you now." Stiles' eyes flicked from my lips to my eyes a few times as I watched his lips spread into a smile like he thought I was cute.

I leaned down and kissed him gently, waiting to see if the feel of Void would come, but it never did. Warmth spread through my body and I deepened the kiss. I couldn't press my body against his since he was sitting and I was standing, but that didn't stop him from hugging his arms around my waist tightly.

He stood slowly, pulling my body to his like puzzle pieces. I held the chest of his shirt in my fists lightly and stood on my toes to reach him better. Everything about the kiss reminded me exactly of Stiles, right down to the way he breathed.

Scott walked in, stopping when he saw us, and I bowed my head into Stiles' chest to avoid looking at Scott. I now felt guilty for two reasons. Breaking his hand, and making out with Stiles who might not be Stiles. Stiles' hand splayed out on my back, not letting me go.

"Is she here?" Stiles asked. Scott nodded, and I frowned.

"Why are you doing this? It could kill you," I said, looking up at Stiles.

"We have to do this," Stiles replied firmly. He pressed his lips to my temple, then slung his arm over Scott's shoulder so he could help him down the stairs.

Waiting there was Mrs. Yukimura. She had her hands in her pockets, looking at Stiles like she didn't care whether or not he would die. She only cared if he was Void.

"Do you recognize me?" she asked Stiles. I grabbed his hand in warning and he glanced at me to let me know it was okay. He started to walk forward and Kira ran in, saying stop.

"It's okay. I'm the one who asked her to come," Stiles told her, moving to stand a few feet from Mrs. Yukimura.

"You're the one who's going to get stabbed with swords," Kira corrected. "Mom, don't do this to him."

"It's already done," she replied. Two Oni materialized behind Stiles.

"Wait, no, I-!" I started, but one Oni grabbed the side of Stiles' head, forcing him to look in its firefly eyes. A sizzle sounded and the Oni let go of him. Stiles dropped to the ground with a groan, seizing lightly, and I ran to his side.