Party Guessed Part 2

Ten minutes later, the house was filled to the brim with drag queens and teenagers. Apparently, when Stiles said, 'the other night', he had meant the night at the gay club where I stuck him with the drag queens. So my punishment for him turned out to be a fun night. Grr.

Lydia's frown was gone and she was back to her confident self at the sight of all the people.

My phone started ringing, and on it was Isaac's name. I let it ring, stuffing it back into my bra. I was not dealing with that again tonight. I was going to have fun.

Scott, Stiles and I were sitting near the pool while Allison stood alone on the other side. Her and Scott kept sneaking glances at each other but neither would talk. We all had glasses of pink punch in our hands.

"Are you gunna apologize to Allison or what?" Stiles asked impatiently.

Scott looked up at him confused. "Why should I apologize?"

"Because you're the guy. It's like what we do," Stiles replied, as if Scott should already know. I looked at Stiles, my mouth pulling into a slow smile. He was standing and leaning on a large column next to us. He had one ankle crossed over the other and one hand in his pocket. His blue plaid shirt hung open loosely, revealing his green shirt. His hair was getting longer. It was still buzzed, but I think he was growing it out.

"But I didn't do anything wrong," Scott said.

"Then you should definitely apologize," I replied, laughing a little. Scott furrowed his eyebrows.

"See, anytime a guy thinks he's done nothing wrong, it means he's definitely done something wrong," Stiles explained.

"I'm not apologizing," Scott said stubbornly.

As if talking to a child, Stiles cooed, "Is that the full moon talking, buddy?"

"Probably. Why do you guys care anyway?"

"Because, Scott, something's gotta go right here," Stiles said. "I mean, we're getting our asses royally kicked if you hadn't noticed. People are dying, I got my dad fired, you're gunna be held back in school, I'm in love with a nut job." I stared down at my hands, playing with my fingers sadly. "And if on top of all that, I gotta watch you lose Allison to a stalker like Matt, I'm gunna stab myself in the face."

Scott, who wasn't really listening, stared in Allison's direction. "Don't stab yourself in the face," he said, standing instantly. I looked up, confused.

"Why not?" Stiles grumbled, as if upset by the idea that Scott told him not to. He's an odd one, that guy...

"Because Jackson's here," Scott said. My head whipped over to see Jackson waltzing into the backyard. He didn't have that usual Jackson smirk on his face, but he was smirking. He looked like someone else. The way he carried himself, the way his dark eyes scanned the crowd. All of it yelled 'evil'. I knew Jackson wasn't really evil. Well, I mean, he's a jerk, but he wasn't truly evil. But now, he looked like the kind of guy that if he was walking behind me on a street, I'd have my claws out just in case.

Lydia smiled upon seeing him and slipped a glass of punch in his hand.

"Glad you could make it," she said. I was pretty sure Stiles rolled his eyes next to me.

"Why can't she see that she's too good for him?" he asked. I stared at the side of his face, thinking the same thing about him. Scott's turning head caught my attention, and he was looking at me like he was beginning to realize something.

I wrote it off and looked over to see Jackson glaring at us and sipping his drink. Well, that seemed to be totally harmless and I'm sure nothing bad at all is going to happen tonight.

I coughed, my throat dry and itchy. No amount of clearing my throat seemed to do any good, and I broke into a coughing fit. Stiles put his hand on my back.

"Hey, you alright?" he asked.

"I just-," I croaked, confused as to what my body was reacting to. "Need some water." I walked away from them and into the kitchen. Setting my glass on the counter, I filled a clean glass with tap water and drank it, sighing at the relief. My throat was still itchy, but at least I could talk now.

"Weird," I mumbled, leaving the glass in the sink. I picked up my punch and rejoined Scott. Stiles had left to go who knows where. Probably to hit on Lydia. Again.

Scott stared at me as I sat down with a heavy sigh. To avoid having to explain myself, I started drinking the punch, which earned me an 'I know what you're doing and I'm not falling for it stare'.

"Okay, what? You obviously have something you want to say to me, so just say it," I blurted.

"Do you like Stiles?" he asked. My heart rate kicked up and my throat dried again. This time, I knew it wasn't from whatever happened earlier.

"Wha-... Of course, he's my best friend," I said, playing stupid. That earned me the same look, only ruder.

"You know what I mean," he said.

I opened my mouth to say lie, but I knew for a fact he was listening to my heart right now. My eyes jumped over to see Stiles talking to some guy, then I looked back to Scott.

"You can't tell anyone. I mean it, Scott, please don't tell anyone. Especially Stiles," I pleaded, grabbing his hand.

"I won't. How long?"

I let go of him, shrugging at the ground as my shoulders sagged. "I don't know. I've liked him for as long as I can remember. He's just never... There."

"That sucks," Scott said sympathetically.

"Tell me about it," I sighed. My throat was beginning to feel even scratchier, so I drank some more punch to try soothing it. My entire mouth felt like I needed to scratch at it with my claws to stop the itch. Lydia walked over, placing a glass of punch in Scott's hand.

"Oh, no, I can't drink tonight," he said.

"Alright, what is with the two of you?" Lydia asked, cocking her head.

"Oh, no, Stiles is drinking," Scott replied dumbly, and I pursed my lips at him.

"Not Stiles," Lydia replied quickly, rolling her eyes. "You and Allison. I don't care why you have to keep your little love affair so secret, but right here and right now, seems like the perfect time to just... To have a good time."

Allison was standing alone on the other side of the pool, eyeing Scott with sadness. You know what, Lydia had a point. Here and now, that's what mattered. I was going to go find Stiles and not tell him I liked him, but I could certainly hang out with him.

Scott smiled and stood. "You know something? You're right." Lydia chuckled like she already knew she was right. She watched as Scott brought the drink to his lips.

"See? Isn't it good?" she smiled.

"Actually, yeah. Really good." Scott took another large gulp as Lydia walked away.

"Go talk to Allison. Apologize. Whatever you need to do," I said, my hand on Scott's arm. Scott nodded and we looked over to where Allison had been. She wasn't there anymore. "Okay. Go find Allison and then talk to her." My voice was so hoarse, it was a mere whisper by the time I finished.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Scott asked.

I nodded, waving it off. "I'm fine. Just... Thirsty." Scott gestured to my drink and I took the last sip and went off to get another.