Master Plan Part 3

Lydia laid Jackson down as the last of his scales vanished.

"Where's Gerard?" Allison asked. All that was left was Gerard's suit jacket and the black blood.

"He can't be far," Argent said. Lydia stood, wiping her eyes as she walked to us. Stiles brushed past me to meet her halfway, and I stared at his back, feeling my heart break a little in my chest. I glanced at Scott when I felt his pity expression staring at me.

Stiles stopped when Jackson's claws scratched against the concrete. Lydia smiled and turned to look at him, and Stiles backed up to us. Jackson's wounds sealed up, and his eyes snapped open. They were blue. Not like his normal blue, but like old-Derek blue. He stood slowly in the Jeep's headlights, his spine showing as he rolled up. Werewolf claws sprouted from his fingers as he growled at the roof, his face now transformed. His claws and fangs retracted as he panted, changing back into a human.

He looked at Lydia with confusion and she sprang into his arms. They embraced lovingly, holding each other as close as possible. Stiles sniffled and started to walk past me, but stopped when he noticed me staring at him.

"Uh, he scratched my jeep," Stiles lied, walking away. I knew he was really crying because he was now even further on Lydia's list of probable prospects. I swallowed down the lump of realization as I looked over to see Scott staring at me like I had been staring at Stiles.

"Uh, it was a beautiful moment," I lied. I left the building, denying Stiles' request to drive me home. I'd rather walk. Besides, he was taking Lydia and Jackson home and I really didn't want to be there to hear him complain about it. It would hurt too much.

Plus, I had school tomorrow and I needed a run.

--------------------------------

I closed my textbook when the bell rang, sighing thankfully that I'd get to see Stiles and Scott next period. I didn't have anything to say, but I did miss the crap out of them. It felt like it'd been go-go-go forever, and friend time had been pushed under the supernatural rug.

As a solution, I made up my family room into a home theater. I set up a projector on the floor, making sure it hit the white blank wall just right for the perfectly comfortable position any of them might choose. The large couch against the opposite wall, the two lazy boys on either side, or the bed of pillows and blankets I created on the floor on either side of the projector. My personal favorite was laying on the back of the couch where no one else was so I could stretch out all I wanted.

There was popcorn (to be made later), a heck ton of deliciously unhealthy snacks to gorge on, and an ice chest filled with any kind of soda (and water, but ugh) they could want. I was going to get Scott's entire pack there, because all of them had, oddly enough, become close friends of mine. And I wasn't going to take no for an answer. We all needed a night where we could just...chill.

I saw Scott and Stiles waiting for me at my locker, but they were whispering. Sort of. Scott's body and face looked like he was yelling at a thoroughly confused Stiles, but I couldn't hear anything Scott said with my normal hearing. I stood behind the wall of the stairs, ignoring all the angry and annoyed huffs from people behind me that I was blocking. There was more room, they could go around.

Every time someone passed too close, Scott would look at them and quiet down until they passed. Curious, I tucked my hair behind my ear and listened in, staring at the floor, but not really seeing it. Okay, so I eavesdropped. Again, what good were powers if I couldn't use them?

"Are you kidding me? You don't even see it because all you care about is Lydia!" Scott said.

"Have you seen Lydia?"