The Overlooked Part 1

I looked out the window, seeing a dark sky made even darker by the 50 mile an hour winds that made the rain turn into bullets. How it went from nothing to raining cats and dogs was beyond me, but luckily, we got inside just before the storm really hit.

I nodded at Scott and Stiles to indicate that we'd been right, and Ms. Blake was, in fact, with Derek in his apartment. Well, so were we; hiding and waiting for her to show her hideous—or beautiful, whichever one she decided to wear for Derek—face.

She sighed with relief when Derek walked into the room and ran to him. She threw herself into his arms, and he played along, hugging her back.

"Something happened at the recital at the school," she said fearfully, pulling away and holding his hand. "Okay, I need to tell you before you hear it, before you hear any of it from them."

At that point, I wanted to jump out and say in a very bad French accent, 'Aha, you fool! You are too late!', but since this wasn't a cheesy superhero movie, I refrained.

"From who?" Derek asked, feigning ignorance.

"Scott, Stiles, Y/N," she listed, sounding as though we were the ones terrorizing people. "They're gunna tell you things. Things you can't believe. You have to trust me, okay? You trust me."

"What is it?" Derek prodded while I clenched my fists at my sides to keep myself from jumping out.

"Promise you'll listen to me."

"I promise," Derek replied. He sounded so sincere, and I was pretty impressed by his lying abilities. Blake pressed her lips to his then pulled back slowly, realization in her eyes.

"They're already here, aren't they?"

Derek's eyes flicked to us as we walked in behind her, serious stares on our faces. Blake turned her back to the wall so she could watch all of us.

"So... They told you it was me? That I'm the one taking people?" She still tried to act like she wasn't to blame here, that she just got mixed up in our crazy.

"We told him you're the one killing people," Scott corrected. I looked over to see Stiles' eyes filled with fresh tears as he stared at the woman who took and would attempt to murder his father. I slipped my hand into his and he looked down at me through his tears. I nodded, letting him know we'd find Sheriff. If it was the last thing I did, I'd find Stiles' dad before he died.

"Oh, that's right," Blake chuckled. "Committing human sacrifices? What, cutting their throats? Yeah, I-I probably do it on my lunch hour. That way I can get back to teaching high school English the rest of the day." She laughed like it was ridiculous, her eyebrows raised like 'who would believe that'. The funny thing was, that's probably exactly what she did.

The best liars always tell some of the truth. I learned that from Sheriff.

"Where's my dad?" Stiles asked, a tear dropping down his cheek. The light from the lightning flashing across the unlit room made everything three times more ominous than it needed to be.

Blake made an innocent face that she pulled off quite well as she replied, "How should I know?" She looked over to Derek's sad expression. "Derek, tell me you don't believe this," she pleaded. Derek's eyes jumped over his shoulder to us. I was worried because he looked a little on the fence now.

"Do you know what happened to Stiles' father?" Derek asked, his voice neutral.

"No," she whispered pleadingly, shaking her head.

"Ask her why she almost killed Lydia," I offered, and Blake turned her back to the wall again to look at me.

"Lydia Martin?" she gasped, sounding offended by the accusation. Oh, she was good. But not that good. "I don't know anything about that."