Wolf Moon Part 2

My hair was done in two loose braids on each side of my head, my outfit was perfect, and I felt cute. I was going to catch Stiles' attention with this.

"No, Y/N, not Stiles. A senior," I mumbled. With one last glance in the mirror, I grabbed my book bag and went downstairs, where my mom was preparing breakfast. "Morning."

"Morning, sweetheart. You look nice. Are you excited for your first day?" My mom was a tall, thin, and gorgeous woman. On the outside, she seemed the perfect housewife. On the inside, however, she was much, much more. My dad was the same. We were all the same. No one else knew, and that's how we expected it to stay.

I perched on the island bar stool and peeled a banana as she placed a bowl of cereal and milk in front of me. Shrugging, I said casually, "Yeah, I guess so. A little nervous."

"You'll do fine. Just remember your mantra if things get out of hand."

"Mom, I'm in complete control, you know this," I whined, then shoved a spoonful in my mouth.

"I know, baby, I just worry."

"Your mother's just looking out for you, Y/N/N," my dad said, entering the kitchen.

"I'm not 13 anymore. I can control myself," I retorted. Mom sighed defeatedly, her eyes filling with sadness. It was years ago, but the trauma was still fresh in our minds.

Outside, I heard Stiles pull up in his jeep. I didn't let myself feel guilty as I jumped down from my seat and raced for the door.

"Gotta go! Bye mom, bye dad," I yelled and closed the door behind me. Stiles smiled at me as I got in. We lived only a few streets apart, so he promised to take me to school instead of me walking every day.

The drive was quick, and I smelled Scott before I saw him. It was blood and the faint scent of dog. I thought only the blood was his.

"What happened to you?" I asked as soon as I found Scott. He furrowed his brows at me, then shook his head, used to me knowing certain things without knowing how. Like when he was hurt.

"I was attacked last night."

"Attacked?" Stiles questioned, a slight smile on his lips. "Alright, well, let's see it." Scott lifted his shirt, and on the right side of his torso was a large white gauze patch with patches of blood leaking through. Stiles 'ooh'-ed appreciatively and reached out to touch it. Scott jumped back and released his shirt. Stiles winced, staring at the area even thought it was covered by a shirt now. I narrowed my eyes suspiciously. But it was probably nothing. I had no reason to be worried.

"It was too dark to see much, but I'm pretty sure it was a wolf," Scott said, putting his backpack on his back. I coughed, choking on my own spit.

"A-a wolf? Are you sure? Like 90% sure that's what you saw?" I asked. They both looked at me weird.

"Uh-huh."

"No, not a chance," Stiles interjected as we walked towards the school doors. Both boys carried lacrosse sticks in their backpacks, and both boys sucked tremendously at lacrosse.

"I heard a wolf howling," Scott said. My heart rate began to rise.

"No, you didn't," Stiles laughed.

"What do you mean, no, I didn't? How do you know what I heard?" Scott defended.

Chuckling, Stiles replied, "Because there are no wolves in California. Not in like 60 years."