"I was happy with you," he whispered.

"I can't be with you. I'm dating Stiles," I replied, dropping my hand to my side.

His head was still hung, and he reminded me of the shy guy he used to be. "So you're saying there's no chance."

"Yes, that's what I'm saying. We're friends, Isaac. That's it. I can't be anything more than friends with you."

Isaac nodded sadly. "Um, I should go." He turned to leave out the window, and I said one last thing.

"Isaac. Find someone who deserves you, okay? Go be happy." He nodded again then jumped down from my roof. I sighed and shut the window. Even after that, I still felt like the worst person in the world. How could I not have realized that he was waiting for me? And why did it hurt so much that I knew it hurt him to see Stiles and me together?

----------------------------------

Stiles fell asleep in Coach's class the next day, and Coach blew his whistle until Stiles jolted awake. Probably not the best way to wake up, but it was a better way than he has been. The strange part was he wasn't actually asleep.

"Stilinski!" Coach barked.

"Uh-huh?"

"I asked you a question."

"Uh, sorry, Coach. What was it?"

"It was 'Stilinski, are you paying attention back there?'," Coach chuckled frustratedly.

"Oh, uh, well I am now," Stiles replied awkwardly. I stared at the journal on his desk, gulping down my fear. Maybe he had been asleep. The words 'wake up' were scribbled over nearly every inch of the page, some combined with others to form patterns, others fitting together like scrabble.

Coach sighed, "Stilinski, stop reminding me why I drink...every night."

"Stiles," I whispered when Coach turned away. He looked at the worried look on my face.

"I'm okay. I just fell asleep for a sec," Stiles comforted, his knuckles going white as he strangled his pen.

"Dude, you weren't asleep," Scott whispered, as scared as I was. Stiles' eyes flicked to me with confusion, and I glanced down at his journal. He cocked his head and looked down at it. Pulling his lips into a tight line, he flipped over his notebook to hide the words.

------------------------

I sat between Scott and Stiles while Lydia, Isaac, and Allison were sitting on the other side of the table. We were sitting outside at the benches, seeking semi-privacy to talk about what was going on. My knee bounced uncontrollably while I shivered, hugging my arms around myself.

Stiles pulled a jacket out of his backpack. I was pretty sure he started carrying one with him everywhere since I always thought I'd be warm enough to go without one. He handed it to me and I thanked him, sliding my arms through. It was a little big, but it smelled like him, and my body started to heat.

"Okay, so what happens to a person who has a near-death experience and comes out of it seeing things?" Scott asked.

"And is unable to tell what's real or not?" Stiles added.

"And has a permanent change in body temperature?" I said.

"They're all locked up because they're insane," Isaac blurted. Sometimes that boy didn't think before he spoke. My mouth dropped into a 'you're not helping' frown.

"Ha," Stiles snarked. "Can you at least try to be helpful, please?"

"For half my childhood, I was locked in a freezer, so being helpful is kind of a new thing for me."