S1 Wolf Moon Part 1

It all started with a murder and then a rebirth. This is the point where I should probably tell you that it didn't happen to the same person, but to two different, completely unrelated people. It just goes to show how much a life can be affected by the choices of another.

Let me back up and tell you the real story; the one that evades the cops every time. The cops thought they were looking for the mangled body of a young woman in the woods of a town called Beacon Hills. Specifically, the second half to the first they found. I was in my room picking out my First Day Outfit. It was the night before my freshman year of high school, and I had a feeling everything was about to change.

I had expectations like every freshman girl. I was going to show up, walk down the hallway and catch the eye of a hot senior boy, pathing my way to a successful high school life with my best friends, Scott McCall and Stiles Stilinski. I'd get all my work done a week in advance, get exceptional grades, and go to parties. That was my plan. Originally, the plan had been to be with Stiles instead of a senior, but he was forever off in Lydia Land, so plans had to change.

On my bed, I laid out a cute dress. It was a deep red color with thin straps and a sweetheart neckline. It ended around mid-thigh. Cute and simple, just how I liked it. I also laid out my black sweater cardigan to wear over it, and a pair of black ballet flats. Also simple.

As I stared at the outfit, wondering what to add to complete the look and how to do my hair, I heard little plinking sounds at my window. At first, I ignored it, assuming it to be a trick of the ear. Ultra-sensitive hearing will do that to a person. Then I heard the tinks of multiple rocks being thrown at my window. I rolled my eyes and passed my bed to open the window. Leaning out, I saw Stiles and Scott waiting at the bottom.

"Ugh, what are you doing here?" I groaned quietly. Ultra-sensitive hearing runs in the family.

"I saw my dad leave 20 minutes ago," Stiles said normally, already knowing he didn't have to yell for me to hear.

I sighed and shrugged, "And? He's the sheriff. Him leaving in the night isn't exactly a huge surprise."

"Okay, smartass, but dispatch also called in every officer in the Beacon Hills area. Even state police."

I frowned and furrowed my eyebrows. "Why the state police?"

"Two joggers found a body in the woods."

"Murder?"

"Nobody knows yet. Just that it was a girl, probably in her 20s," Scott replied.

"But get this," Stiles interrupted excitedly. "They only found half." His face, though in shadow, was alight with excitement. "We're going." I didn't even bother to ask if I had to because I knew the answer already.

"Fine. Give me a minute to get dressed." I left the window open as I went into my closet and stripped from my pajamas and pulled on a pair of jeans and a tee shirt. I slipped my arms through the sleeves of my jacket. After I finished tying my sneakers, I stuffed my phone in my pocket and climbed out the window. Once I got to the edge of the roof, I jumped down, landing in a crouched position with one hand touching the grass.

Stiles licked his lips and cocked his head, his hands on his hips. "It scares me every time you do that, Y/N." I smiled up at him as I stood and walked to them.

"You know I always land on my feet," I smirked.

"Yeah, well, one day your feet could break."

I shrugged as I opened the door to his old blue jeep. "I'd heal." It was an inside joke with myself. Everyone heals eventually, but none heal quite like I do.