Chapter 12: Reunion Part 1

Start from the beginning

"Nathan! I am so happy you came," She smiles widely at him and hugged him.

Nathan returned her smile, looking genuinely happy to see her. Then she saw me standing beside him as she releases him from the hug.

" You must be Abigail?" She asks me, smile never leaving her face.

I nod my head and find myself smiling too." Yes, and thanks for inviting me to your house."  I give her the wine bottle which I bought with me.

"Hello, My name is Jessica and I am glad that you came." She holds her hand out to me which I willingly shake. She ushered us inside the house, which equally beautiful as it was from outside. The house was the perfect example of a modern house, a white marble flooring along with white walls gives it a pristine look.  To add color to the walls, different abstract art paintings were hanged. She led us into a big room, clearly meant for parties or get-togethers, there was nothing special about this room, one of the walls of the room is floor to ceiling glass window, which is facing to the big pool and on the other side there is a bar. 

"Nathan man! We have been waiting for you." A man with dirty blonde hair and light green eyes says as he approached three of us. He gave Nathan a manly hug, then turned to Jessica and gave her a peck on her lips. 

"Ethan she is Abigail, Abigail he is Ethan my fiance." She introduces us.

" Hello nice to meet you," I put my hand in front of him, he takes my hand instead of shaking he pulls me into a hug.  

I stiffened at his sudden hug-attack. But he didn't notice as he pulls back and places his hand on my shoulders and say," It is so nice to meet you too Abigail." He grins.

" Yeah, I can see that," I take a step back from him, clearly shocked at his enthusiasm.

" Sorry dear, Ethan is a hugger," Jessica says, amused by my response," But he is harmless."

Both of them looks at each other and adoration in their eyes proves that how much they are in love. I can't help but smile at them.

"Abigail!" I hear someone calls me from behind. I turn to see a familiar face, but I couldn't quite make it.

" What a surprise to see you here! Wedding plus one."

Oh...He is Ben, Adam's cousin.  I am grinning from ear to ear, as he walks to me with a lazy smile on his face.

" I never thought I will meet you here," He gives me a side hug.

" Neither do I. But I am so happy to see you again, Ben." 

Ben is not only good looking but a really funny, kind hearted and great person too. We have met during  Adam's and Hannah's wedding and till the end of the wedding, we became good friends. But seeing him here, I feel guilty for not keeping in touch. 

"You both know each other?" Ethan asks looking at both of us.

I noticed Nathan has stopped talking to whomever he is talking and now listening to us intently.

" Yes, she is my friend, who has not bother to stay in touch with me, "Ben mockingly accuses me.

" I never knew we were friends," I say with a straight face.

" You hurt my innocent feelings," Ben put his hand on his heart, feigning hurt.

" If they are your feelings, then they are far from innocent," I counter back, smirking.

Although he never hit on me or something, I know he is a big-time player. He had his own fair share of good nights during the wedding.

" You know me so well and you say we are not friends," He puts his arm loosely around my shoulder.