Chapter 80

Chapter 80: Everything Has Changed.

Ross' POV

I put my hand out in front of me and the nurse put Audrey's necklace in my hand. The necklace I gave her on our first date. The one that said "Here Comes Forever."

I stared at the necklace in the palm of my head for awhile. The nurse wiped my tears that were going down my face as looked at the necklace.

I looked up at her from my hand. "Thank you."

She nodded.

Rydel picked up Rebecca who was sitting in her carseat in pink footy pajamas and a pink little baby beanie.

Rydel and I finally figured out how to buckle the carseat in the van, and then we all rode home, in silence.

I sat there in the van staring out the window, Audrey's painful screams echoing through my thoughts.

I shivered.

"Cold Ross?" Dad asked me, looking at me through the mirror.

"Just a little." I lied.

He turned the AC off and we drifted into silence once again.

We pulled up into the driveway and everybody piled out.

I got Rebecca out of the van and Rydel got the diaper bag. I took her up to mine and Rylands room where mom had already set up her pink bassanett, with pink little blankets and white heart shaped pillow.

I sat her carseat down on my bed and unbuckled her carefully. I held her in my arms and studied her baby face. She's so beautiful. Just like her mom.

A lump formed in my throat, I was about to cry again. "You're my little princess, Rebecca." I sniffled. "Your mom was my queen."

I held my baby close to my chest and cried silently.

I sat down on my bed with her still in my arms. I kissed her forehead lightly and stroked her little blonde hair lightly.

My chest cramped again like it did before and it hurt really badly.

I decided to bring Rebecca down to see the family so everybody could get a chance to hold her. Mom sat down on the couch and I placed Rebecca in her arms. Mom cradled her slowly and I smiled.

"You know it's been awhile sense I held a baby in my arms." Mom said looking up at me.

Everyone then looked at Ryland, who was scarfing a white powered donut. "What?" he said with his mouth full, powder flying out of his mouth.

Riker chuckled and put Ryland in a headlock. "You're no longer the baby of the family."

Ryland rolled his eyes and Riker released him. Ryland then sat next to mom and looked at Rebecca.

He swallowed. "You're such a little cutie, but you're probably gonna be a big pain when you grow up."

Everyone chuckled softly. Mom placed Rebecca in Rydels arms next.

I've never seen Rydels face light up so.... so..... bright and red rosie cheeks and a big smile. It made me smile to see that my baby would change the family for the best.

Rydel then lightly passed her to Ratliff. "Can I keep her Ross?" Rydel asked.

I smiled and shook my head no. "She's all I have left of Audrey."

"I know."

The door bell rang. "I'll get it."

I walked up the small hallway and answered the door.

A blonde teenaged girl stood there. She looked very familiar.

"May I help you?" I asked.

"Is Audrey here? It's important." She asked.

"May I ask who you are?"

"Im Skylar. I went to school with Audrey and I wanted to apologize for everything I did and I wanted to explain why I did.. those things."

"No.... I'm sorry.... Audrey passed away this morning..."

Her shoulder dropped and her friendly smile faded into a frown, she looked broke.

"What...? You're joking right? Please tell me you're just kidding."

I shook my head no. I wanted to cry.

"I'm so sorry Ross...." She sniffled.

I looked up at her. "Why are you sorry?"

"Because I was so mean to her as we grew up together and I was just jealous of her.... and I hurt her so badly... and now I can't even tell her I didn't mean all of those things." She looked around and kept blinking fastly, to hold back her tears.

"I'm sorry, she passed away giving birth.."

She pointed to me. "Are you the father?"

I nodded.

She put her hand on my shoulder. "You'll be a great dad, Ross. After you stood up for Audrey and protected her... you'll do good.." She smiled softly.

I was seriously curious of where this was all coming from. "How come you have a change of heart all of a sudden?"

"Jail changes you, man. For the better or for the worst. For me, it was for the better."

"I'm glad you changed. No one likes a mean girl."

A voice yelled from the living room. "Boo you whore!!!"

I grined and laughed. "Would you like to come in?"

Skylar smiled. "I would love to."

I opened the door wider for her to come in. She stepped inside and looked around.

I closed the door and walked towards the livingroom to guide her.

"This is a beautiful home." Skylar said in awe.

Mom looked over at her. "Thank you. Who are you?"

I laughed. "Mom this is Skylar."

"Oh yes.. I remember you. You look more... mature now."

Skylar smiled. "I'm a changed woman Mrs. Lynch."

"So.... how was prison?" Ryland asked.

"Ryland!" Mom snapped.

"No it's fine," Skylar giggled. "It's life changing though."

Ryland nodded slowly.

"So stay out of trouble Ry." Riker pointed at Ryland. "I mean it."

Ryland smiled and rolled his eyes playfully. "What could I possibly do?"

Everybody in the room answered. "Lots of things."

I sat next to Rydel, who had Rebecca again. Rydel placed her in my arms and I smiled down at my baby.

"Is that your baby Ross?" Skylar asked.

I looked up at her smiling. "Yeah. This is Rebecca Madigan Lynch."

"May I hold her?"

"Yeah, come sit down."

Skylar came over and sat next to me, and I put Rebecca in her arms.

Skylar smiled. "She's so beautiful." Skylar looked up at me. "Just like Audrey."

I smiled at Skylar at her kind words. She definetly has changed into a better person.

Skylar then had a confused look on her face. "Madigan?"

"Madigan Howard. Audrey's best friend." I shrugged.

"Oh... I remember her. She had a beautiful voice."

"Yeah she passed away saving a little girls life..."

Skylar looked back down at Rebecca. "Life's a bitch," she kissed Rebecca's forehead. "And then you die."