Chapter 5

Chapter 5: The Family Down the Block

Ross's POV

I woke up to my brothers pranking me again, they filled up their water guns and squirted me. I fell out of the bed with the picture in my hand. Ryland was on his bed laughing while Rocky was on the floor tickling me until I let go of the picture. But I was holding onto it for dear life, pressing it up against my chest. But he finally snatched it out of my hands to see that it was the picture of Audrey and me.
"OOOOOOOOO Ross has a crush!!!!!"Rocky teases me.
"So you had a crush on the magazine model on Rydels magazine" I said crossing my arms across my chest like a child.
"Touché" Rocky says. I laughed at his remark. I kicked them out of my room so I could get dressed into some dry clothes. I have such weird brothers, but their my weird brothers.
I ran downstairs without a shirt and just ripped jeans and yellow converse.
Mom and Rydel were watching tv, but I don't know what they were watching.
I went into the kitchen to pour a boal of cherrios, and then sat down next to my mom.
"Ross please eat at the table" she said
"Alright" I answered.
"Hey Ross" mom called out my name.
"Yea mom" I answered
"They finally sold that house down the street"
"Oh really who moved in there?"
"I don't know sweety, they haven't moved in yet"
"Oh"
"Maybe today, maybe tomorrow. Most likely tomorrow."

"Hey Ross" my dad yells down the staircase
"Yeah Dad" I call back
"Can you tell your brothers and sister to get ready, you have to go to rehearsal in an hour"
"Way ahead of ya Dad" Rydel yells.
The door bell rings. "I'll get it" Rydel says.
She had a smile on her face, atleast she was much happier than she was last night.
When she answers the door I saw that her smile had dropped to a frown. I took my last bite of cherrios and put the bowl in the sink.
I could see why Rydels smile had dissapeard. Amy was here.
Amy pushed Rydel out of the way and headed up the stairs to Rikers room.
"Who was that sweety" asked mom
"Amy" Rydel answered in a sad tone
"What wrong" mom asked Rydel rubbing circles on her back.
"Nothing, I gotta go get ready for rehearsal"
Rydel went upstairs, I was gonna follow her, but I had to tell the guys to get ready.
They were all out in the pool swimming. Riker, Rocky, Ryland, even Ratliff.
"You know guys this is a really bad time to swim" I told them.
"Why" Riker asked
"We have rehearsal in like an hour"
"Oh that's right"
"Well lets get out I guess," Rocky said. "Ross can you give me a hand.
I bent down and grabbed Rockys hand ready to pull him out of the pool but instead he pulled me in. "How about some fun first" Ryland said happily.
I popped my head up to the surface and wipped my hair out of my face, water flicking to the side.
"Thanks guys now I have to show up at rehearsal with green hair" I told them
"Hey Ross, did mom tell you about how a family finally moved in the house down the block" Riker said
"Yeah, why?" I asked
"Just curious"
"I hope they have a pretty daughter" Rocky said
"Not if I get to her first" Ryland said
"Whoah, whoah, whoah, whoah......whoah, what if she wants a piece of Ratliff" Ratliff said sarcastically.
Me and Rocky started splashing Ratliff and Riker, then Amy came outside.
"There you are" she said happily
"Oh, hi babe"Riker answered
I swam to the edge of the pool where Amy was and got out. I was soaked and dripping.
"Ever heard of a bathing suit Ross?" Amy said with a smart mouth tone.
"Ever heard of full covered clothes?" I told her back. Everyone said 'ooooooooo'. She was wearing shorts that went up to her butt, and a shirt that showed her stomach and across the chest is says 'Kiss Me' and wearing a pair of yellow vans that look exactly like the ones I got Rydel.
Rydel came outside and said " Do you guys know where my vans are?, I can't find them."
Then she saw Amy and looked down at her feet.
"You fucking thief!!," Rydel screamed at Amy. Everyone turned there attention to Rydel and Amy as I sat down in a lawn chair. "Those are my shoes that Ross got me!!!"
"No Rydel I'm pretty sure that these are mine and your just jealous" Amy answered back more calm but yet bitchy.
Rydel stormed over to Amy, and Amy slapped Rydel across the face. Riker started to swim out of the pool once Amy slapped her. Rydel grabbed Amy by the neck and pushed her into the other lawn chair that was like 5 feet away from me. I got up and ran over to the chair so Amy wouldn't get up and hurt Rydel.
I wrapped my arms around the chair so I was pushing her chest and back against the back of the seat so she couldn't move.
Rydel grabbed the right shoe and tugged it off if her foot and looked inside.
"It says Rydel on the side of the shoe in the inside," Rydel screamed at her. She tugged the other shoe off and looked inside " and this is the R5 symbol Ross drew inside!!"
Rydel started to run at Amy when Amy got loose of my grip.
Rocky and Ratliff where holding back Rydel, while Riker and Ryland got Amy when I slipped off my grip.
These girls were strong so they slipped away.
Rydel pushed Amy into the pool but Amy grabbed her arm and took her with her. Amy pushed Rydels head under the water without taking a breathe. I took my shoes off and dived inside with Riker. Riker slapped Amy across the face and Amy let go of Rydels hair to hold the side of her face that Riker had struck. Rydel didn't come up so I swam down 12 feet and grabbed her.
I swam up to the surface with her in my arms.
I gasped for air" She's not breathing!' I yelled.
Riker pushed Amy away and swam over to help me get Rydel out. Rocky and Ratliff helped us also, as me and Riker and I pushed her up, Ratliff and Rocky started to pull.
"Ryland, get mom!!!!" I scream at the top of my lungs.
We got out and Riker gave her CPR.
Mom came out and gasped, holding her hands over her mouth. Amy was trying to get out, but I pushed her back in.
"Ross why'd you do that?" mom asked
"She deserves it" Riker hollered.
Riker blew another gust of air into her lungs and pumped on her chest and then she awoke puking up water.
Rocky stood up from kneeling next to Rydel and grabbed Amy's arm to get her out of the pool. I stared at Rocky as he was dragging Amy by the arm into the house and to the front door.
He finally came back with towels for all of us.

We had to miss rehearsal because we were so worried about Rydel. I carried her bridal style up stairs and mom followed so she could help her get un-dressed.
I went to my room and changed into some dry pajamas and held my picture of young me and Audrey. I wonder where Audrey is, what she's doing right now, how she feels, how she looks, how's her life.
There's so much I wanna know about her. It'd be crazy if she was the one who moved into that house down the block.
I barely know her, but I wish so much just to see her.
I fell asleep thinking about her, but had a dreamless sleep.