Chapter 20

Chapter 20: Drop the Drama and Explain Yourself

Ross's POV

I texted Audrey like 20 minutes ago telling her that I had to go pick up Maia, and I would be right over.

I looked back at the address that Maia sent me, 504 Bakersfield ave.

I pulled up to the house and honked the horn. Maia came out in a pretty blue dress that's just above the knee. I started to wonder what Audrey would wear. I didn't wear anything fancy. Just something, that myself would call casual.

A white t shirt with a sweat shirt, sense Audrey had my leather jacket, and a pair of black jeans with a few rips and black converse.

"Hey Ross" Maia said getting in the passenger seat.

"Hi Maia, so listen your not gonna be mean to Audrey right?"

"What? No, I'm very excited to meet her. Why would you think that I would be mean to her on my first approach"Maia said with her awesome accent.

I gave her a confused look. "What about your text messages? You sounded really mean" I told her.

"That was my old friend, well old ex friend. She's a big fan of yours and then when I told her that I don't to hang with Pixie or you anymore and that I was upset about it. She got really pissed cause supposedly she cared. But then she got jealous because she saw that you had a pretty girlfriend," Maia explained to me. I was trying to process this through my brain. If she was lying she would be giggling in an Australian accent. She continued," So she hijacked my phone and sent all those text messages, and now I'm not friends with her anymore because I knew she broke Audrey's heart and I thought you guys broke up. But I had faith in you guys."

"Thanks Maia, your a good mate" I told her in an Australian accent.

"Ok funny boy, lets go." she commented.

I started up the car and I made a u turn and headed towards Audrey and my house. It was only a mile.

I stopped at a red light and looked over at Maia, who was on her phone.

The green light appeared and I stepped on the gass slightly to get going. I looked at Maia quickly and she was watching the road. I shot my eyes back to the road and noticed a car crossing the intersection on a red light.

"OH SHIT" Maia and I screamed out.

Audrey's POV

When it was 9:00, I finally went inside.

"Hey, your home early" my brother said from the kitchen. My parents were watching Full House on nick@nite.

"I never left" I told him, my voice cracked and was shaky. I was shaking.

"What do you mean?" Drake asked

"I mean Ross never showed up, I never left" I said going into the living room with a glass of water and sitting next to my mom.

She gave me a big hug and kept whispering to me, 'It's gonna be alright'.

How? How do you know that's its gonna be ok? Only god knows where he could be.

I put my glass in the sink and went upstairs. I changed into some areopostale sweat pants and a neon pink tank top.

I went back downstairs after wiping my makeup off, even though I basically cried it all off.

I sat next to my mom again and she put me on her lap and cradeled me in her arms.

Dad turned on the channel 5 news.