Chapter 44

Chapter 44: Leaving You Behind

Audrey's POV

I got in the ambulance that Madigan was being carried away in, while Riker was in the one behind us with Rydel and Beth.

I held Madigans hand the whole ride to the hospital. She tried to sit up and speak, but I lightly pushed her head back down to the pillow and put my finger to her lips.

She nodded twice fastly and clised her eyes .

Still holding hand, I leant my head back againt the wall and closed my eyes to drift off into a nap.

"Mis" I heard someone say while shaking me awake from my dreamland.

"Huh?" I said opening my eyes.

I saw that the man was wearing white hospital pants and shirt "We're at the hospital, your friend is checked into a room, and your other friends are waiting for you"

"Thank you" I said standing up. I ducked and hopped out of the ambulance.

He led me into the lobby and to the front desk where everybody was waiting for me. Ross put his arm out and I hurried my face into his shoulder as he held me close into a hug with his one arm "We can go see her now" Ross said.

I nodded. Ross walked me to the eleavator and up to floor 6 and room 188.

Rydel opened the door for us. I walked into a half lit room, seeing that my friend was laying on a bed motionless. There was no character to her.

She looked dead. "Butterfly?" I said.

Her eyes flickered open, and she half smiled. "Hey Bunny"

She moved over the best she could, so I could sit down. These were our best friend nicknames for eachother. Even though Ross already called her Butterfly, I didn't really care.

"I'm here" I said sniffing. I wiped a tear away that hadn't fallen yet.

"You are, and so am I" She said tilting her head back and closing her eyes.

I brushed her golden locks off of her shoulders. She stopped breathing but her heart monitor was still beating.

"Madi?!" I asked frightened.

Sheet out a big breathe of air. " It's alright, the doctor said I broke my back, it hurts really badly. I can't feel anything in my body."

I sadly smirked and dropped it. "It's going to be ok" I said grasping her hand. I picked up her hand and I kissed it.

This all reminded me of The Outsiders. And I knew how this would possibly end.

"Madigans visiting hours have ended" a nurse said popping her head in the doorway.

I turned my head towards her and flicked her off.

She shook her head and walked off.

I turned my head back towards my Butterfly. "I have to go"

"And" Ross said coming up behind me, placing his hands on my shoulders. "We have to go to our next show that's on the other side of the country"

"You're not gonna leave me are you?" Madigan said trying to sit up but failed.

She dropped back down to the bed, her eyes rolled to the back of her head and she let out a big breathe of air before she started breathing lightly.

"Madi" I said starting to cry.

"Come on let's go" Rocky said making me stand up and follow him, but my legs gave way and I fell to the floor.

"You can make me do anything," I screamed. Ross' eyes went wide from my scream. "I'm not leaving her"

Ross tried to pull me up to stand up, but I thrashed and kicked and smacked his hands away while I sobbed and cried.

"We can come back for her" Rocky said as I thrashed away from him and Ross.

They finally stopped and I gave up. I layed there on the floor crying.

I was scooped up lightly and I didn't care who. I cried and cried.

As soon as Riker git bandaged up and released, we went in the elevator and then the lobby, and then outside.

I was placed in a van, and I saw the one who was carrying me was Mark.

I wipped my tears away.

Everybody pilled up into the vehicle and we drove off to get the tour bus.

I starred out the window watching all the lights in the night sky pass by.

I'm going across the country without my friend. I'm leaving her behind.

I felt a vibrate in Ross' jacket that he haven me to cuddle with.

I took a white iphone out that had a blue case. It was Madigans phone.

I didn't know who was calling.

I tapped the answer button. "Hello?"

Everybody looked towards me.

"Yes, is this Madigan Howard?" a female voice said.

"No this is Audrey, her friend, and who is this may I ask?"

"This is Doctor Shelby from the Northridge Hospital in Los Angeles calling to tell Madigan that her parents and brother have passed away"

---------------------

Authors Note

DUN DUN DUUUUUN

sorry I haven't updated for awhile

but I hoped you liked this chapter and enjoyed it

Hanna's working on a chapter for Truth and Lies, that'll be up soon

but all goes well

stay crazy, wuvs all you guys

<3 R5 <3

~Maggie