Chapter 61

Chapter 61: Still Pissed

Ross' POV

"What?" I asked.
She sniffed and kissed my cheek. "I love you and I need you. I don't want you to go, you're my one and only and I love you. Please don't go, please protect me."
Woah, Woah, Woah. This all came at me all at once.
This morning she hated me, she didn't want to talk to me! need going to forgive me. But now she is clung to my body, asking me to stay with her forever.
Whatever is going on, I liked it.
I got my Audrey back.
I hope.

Audrey's POV

Ross, my mom, Ryland, and Megan, were downstairs in te living room talking.
We were all talking about the whole brake up.
It was silent for a minute, but Mom broke it. "Ross I understand you, but I don't fully forgive you. A heart is not a toy. It's fragile, all womans hearts are fragile. You need to follow YOUR heart, not your mind. You're like a son to me, and I love you. But I won let you near my daughter if she is unprotected and broken because of another foolish mistake of yours."
This made no sense. She doesn't forgive him, but she loves him and everything is okay. But I had something of my own to say as well.
"Ross, like my mom said, I don't wanna be hurt by your foolish mistakes. I'm afraid if I forgive you now, or too easily, things might go wrong again."
"I'll die, if I hurt you. I will not hesitate to hurt myself if I hurt you again." Ross said looking straight into my eyes.
I now have a problem with trusting people. I trusted and gave in to Drew and look where I am.
What happens if I forgive Ross too easily like I did Drew? How can I know? How can I know that he cares for me, and won't hurt me again?
"How?" I aske looking him in the eye.
We never broke contact, we were being seriously serious.
"How what?" Ross asked.
"How can I know that you care for me, and that you will do what ever it takes to make me happy?"
Ross got up and came back with his hand behind his back. He revealed a knife and everybody stood up and started shouting at him.
"Ross are you crazy?!?!" Ryland yelled.
"Ross don't do it!!" Mom yelled.
"Ross what the hell?!?!" I yelled snatching the knife away from him am throwing it at the wall.
The knife stuck in the wall and the handle hung out.
I looked back at Ross and he was looking at me dead straight in the eye. I've never seen him so confident, emotional, and so focused before.
"I will." He whispered to me. "I will do it if I know I hurt you again. I can't live with myself knowing I cause you pain."
I can't trust him. I just...... can't.