Chapter 34

Chapter 34: Girls Vs. Guys

Audrey's POV

I wake up to see that I wasn't in Ross' arms. The main menu music for Romeo and Juliet kept on replaying over and over again that eventually it annoyed the crap out me.

I climbed down out of the bunk and opened the door to go to the front of the bus.

Ross, Riker, and Rocky were eating cereal and watching the football game.

"Hey boys" I said sitting down next to Rocky and scratching my head.

"Hi" Riker said with a mouth full of breakfast.

"...Hi Riker" I said with a laugh.

He swallowed. "Sorry"

I shook my head and got up to sit by Mark.

"Hey dad, how far are we?" I asked.

"Possibly 4-5 hours away, but we'll make a stop in a bit. The exit is only 2 miles away." Mark said keeping his eyes on the road.

I nodded and stared at the car that drove by in the other lane.

I got up and walked back to the bunks.

I wanted to text Emily. I haven't heard from her in a while.

To Emily:

Hey budd, what's up

She didnt answer.

To Emily:

Yo blonde.. where you at?!?

Like 5 minutes later she answered.

Emily:

Hey Audrey

what goes on

Me:

oh nothin much, yenno, life with a boyfriend that's a pop star. Always in the road.

currently on the tour bus on our way to Portland.

Emily:

you're on the other side of the country

Me:

I see what you did there

so what have you been doing lately

Emily:

oh nothin much important

why do you ask?!?

Me:

I'm just asking

u ok? yur acting strange

Emily:

Audrey I'm all strange

I'm always gonna be strange.

I didn't text back. My best friend wasnt acting right. Even though it was only a text message, I could tell that each word was differnt from the ones that's in her dictionary and what she text to me.

I drifted back to sleep, not giving a care in the world that my stomach was being eaten alive.

*Hours Later*

I woke up and the first thought that popped into my mind was, Im Hungry!!

I went out to the mini kitchen area of the bus and grabbed a coffee cake that Stormie made and a mini carton of milk that was in the refrigerator.

I heard laughing.

I walked to the back of the tour bus and found everybody talking and laughing.

Megan and Rydel were crossing their arms.

"Hey guys, Whats going on?"

I asked sitting on Ross' lap.

He grabbed my waist and pulled me to his chest. "Oh we're just talking about how boys are better at football than girls"

I sat up and pulled away from Ross. "That's not true"

"It's totally true" Ryland said. I took a piece of coffee cake a flicked it at him. Being Ryland, he caught it in his mouth.

Megan stood up and got I Rylands face. "You wanna bet, pretty boy"

Ryland got steamed and his cheeks turned pink. "I totally wanna bet on it"

He placed his forehead on hers.

"Awe somebody has a crush" Riker said taking a piece of my cake.

I didn't mind. I likes sharing my food. Except hen it comes for Chex-Mix, those goodies are mine and nobody else's.

Ryland and Megan sat back down.

"So it's on. Girls vs. Boys at football when we get to Portland." Rocky said happily.

"Yep" Rydel said texting something on her phone.

_________________

Authors Note

I know this chapter is short

but I really wanted to get it in

but I apologize for the LOOOONG wait

chapter after school tomorrow

I promise

stay crazy <3

<3 R5 <3

~Maggie