Chapter 16

Chapter 16: Give Your Heart A Break

Audrey's POV

Madigan, we dropped off last. I took a quick glance at Ross as we took off. He looked like he was going to cry, but he didn't.
He pulled over to talk. Only a couple blocks away from our houses.
Everything he said was a blur. But the last thing he said stayed in my head. And stayed there, and will stay there forever.
"A-Ar-Are you breaking up with me?" I asked.
I looked down looking at my ring, then back at him. He let a tear escape his eye, and nodded yes.
I broke down in tears. I didn't know what to do, so my body reacted faster than my brain. I opened the car door and slammed it and started walking home.... slowly in the opposite direction.
I looked back and Ross had his head on the steering wheel. I cried and two more tears escaped my face and continued to walk.
Hours past. It felt like days. This is how your paid when your heart brakes. It was dark out and I had no idea where I was. I tripped on my yellow pair of converse and fell on my face, hearing a tiny rip and felt blood flow down my face lightly.
I ripped my stitches.
I didn't want to get up. I wanted to stay there, forever, and let my life waste away.
I understood what Ross meant on how he doesn't want me to get hurt. But that's the thing about being famous on a tv show and band, there's no way to stop the hate. That's just life.
How long would we be apart? How long would it be before he talks to me again?
I didn't want to think about how long, I just stayed there in the grass on the side of road.
My heart wasting away.
I needed Ross. I was nothing without him.
I'm not gonna let it go that easy.

Ross's POV

Audrey got of the car and slammed the door, running off. I suddenly broke down in tears and slammed my forehead on the steering wheel. I couldn't stop crying. I just let the love of my life crawl away from me, just like that, slipped through my fingers.
I drove home, still having tears run down my face like a river.
I got out of my car and slammed the door.
I charged at the front door opening it. I ran upstairs to my room without closing the front door, just leaving it wide open.
I slammed my bedroom door throwing myself on my bed.
I knew I made the right decision but it hurt so much.
Maybe I did make it worse, maybe I just made her hurt more. I don't know how she freaking feels, she's a girl.
It hurts when you feel your heart brake. It's not fun... a heart is not a toy that you can shove down your pants like a doll and a toy car you can throw off the table. It's like a fragile antique, like rare china.
I sat there holding, wrapping my knees close to my chest, giving myself a hug, while rocking back an fowrth.
I sat there..... thinking.
I sat there for hours... but seemed like days.
Rydel and Riker appeared next to me. I didn't even know they were there.
"Can we talk" Riker asked.
" I guess, what is it" I said
"Ross we know that you two broke up and honestly, the whole family, even Ratliff, doesn't like it." Rydel said
"It was my decision" I told them
"Are you fond of that decision?" Riker said
"Yes...er.. no... I don't know anymore, all I know is that it hurts." I said
"I know it hurts Ross, but if you want her back your gonna have to work for it" Rydel said.
"How do you know that it hurts Rydel, you've never been in a relationship before, you never kissed anybody before." I asked Rydel
"Well,....". she stopped and then looked at Riker. Then leaned in to whisper into my ear."I kissed Ellington"
My eyes widened. I never knew that, but that still doesn't mean or change anything on how I feel. I can't really explain it, all I can basically say is that I probably made the wrong choice.
I couldn't decide. If it was right to leave her, people woe stop judging her. But when were not together what would people treat her like.
But if we were together, people would probably still hate her, but my only question is why? Why would they hate and but her for just dating another human being? But then yet again, they would accept her because again she's just dating another human being and just another girl in this odd and crazy world.
"Ross?!?" Riker said snapping out of my trance.
"Lets leave him be" Rydel said
My brother and sister left my room. I rocked back so I was laying on my back.
I grabbed my phone from my pocket and called Audrey.
All of a sudden I heard Fallin For you and my pocket was vibrating. I had Audrey's phone. Why? I don't know.
I called the house and Susan answered.
"Hey Susan, is Audrey there?"
"No she's not here"
"Well where is she? Do you know?"
"No I don't know honey, I thought she was with you"
"No she's not"
"Ok bye honey"
"Bye"
I hung the phone up. Where was she?
I started thinking. What if she didnt make it home and she's on the side if the road somewhere.
My life today is full if questions, isn't it? Oh Jesus.
I sprinted out of my bed and down the stairs. Rocky was putting his jacket on and had my keys. Proably taking my car out somewhere. As I reached the bottom of the stairs I grabbed the keys from his hand and said "Thanks"
"Hey!!! I'm going out to the movies tonight with E..er... somebody."
"Well where I'm going is more important"
Rocky stood there as I ran out the door.
"You coming or what" I yelled from outside.
Rocky came out and got in the passenger side of the door.
I drove to the street where she had left and kept on driving out in the middle of no where.
We were atleast 2-3 miles away from our house until I saw a body on the side of the road.
I pulled over and Rocky and I got out. We rolled the body over to see Audrey. Her stitches were ripped and she was just asleep.
I picked her up bridal style and she wrapped her arms around my neck. I got in the passenger side with Audrey in my lap and Rocky drove.
I took her to the hospital to get her head checked out quickly.
All they did was put a bandage on her head, sense the cut was almost healed.
Rocky and I drove her home while Audrey was still asleep in my lap.
When we got to her house, her parents were totally concerned. I wanted to stay with her and cuddle with he but then I wondered if it would be awkward.

I left her house and went home and cried my self to sleep.
I think it was time to give our hearts a brake... in both ways.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Authors Note:
I think this chapter was quite boring and a bit short.
But if you have any ideas for what to happen next I'll be more than glad to read and maybe accept
if I like the idea I'll make sure to mention you in the authors note so everybody knows who to thank for the awesome chapter.