Chapter 53

Chapter 53: Can't Hold On Any Longer...

Audrey's POV

We met up with Jeremy's friends at the rink, and started snowboarding.
Megan was afraid that she was gonna die, but I made her get on the ski lift with me and board down the hill.
It's been awhile sense I've been up here an snowboarding in general, but I still did awesome. Megan never boarded before but she was like a pro. She was at my level.
Ha, what do I have say, these types of sports are in our blood.
Jermey and I went to the snowboarding contest with the huge mountain and snow ramps.
To compete you must have a partner, so Jeremy and I were a team and called ourselves 'Ice Raiders'.
I thought it was cool.
" 'Ice Raiders' to the helicopter" A lady said the ought the microphone.
"Thats us lets go" Jeremy said nudging me to the helicopter.
We climbed up and held our boards on our laps.
The copter took us up to the top of the mountain and I was supposed to go first. I tied a rope around my waist and they sent me down a good five feet.
"Good luck Audrey!" Jeremy yelled over top of the helicopter. Then it flew away.
I strapped my boots onto the board and made sure they were tight. Another helicopter came in sight and I saw the huge camera that was strapped onto it. This was live, plus everyone down at the bottom was watching on the big screen.
You can't exactly see me up here. I'm 2,000 feet in the air. Maybe higher.
The horn blew off loudly and I leaned down the edge and started boarding down the snowy mountain.
I had to go through obsticales, block stuff, and collect my flag. Jeremy, when he comes down, he has to come down with his flag as well.
The only way we can win this thing is by flag, points with obsticales, and the routine tricks on the snow ramps at the end.
I finall made it at the bottom and I was atleast 100 feet away from the snow ramps. I made it to the little ramp, slid up, jumped, grab my board, and did a 360. When I went through, fire spit into the air, stopping the clock.
I finally made it to the ramps, I went up each one and did seperate tricks that Jeremy taught me. Of coarse he can't repeat my tricks when he's up.
Did 10 tricks and did a 360 through the finish line.
Everyone cheered and I cheered with. I was so happy. Im just glad that I made it down alive.
The helicopter started up again, and up it flew to the top of the mountain, disappearing into the thick fog.
"Good luck Jeremy!!!" I shouted the loudest I could.

Ross' POV

My family and I have been in Colorado visiting our family for quite awhile and I... guess I'm loving it.
I'm still hurt, I can't stand being on vacation and knowing that Audrey hates me. Knowing that I broke her heart.
But I don't love Madigan anymore. Actually, I never did love her, I was actually fooling myself.
I can't remember what it's called, but if you make yourself believe something, it can actually happen. So if I tell myself, yeah you're in love with Madigan an I believe it hard enough, it actually becomes a reall feeling.
You get it? I know it's confusing.
After a game of hockey, we all went inside the country club for hot chocolate.
I settled down next to Rydel with my mug of hot cocoa and watched the tv with her next to the fire.
Riker sat down next to me. "What are we watching?" He asked.
"Uh the snowboarding completion that's going on" Rydel said pointing outside to the giant mountain and lights everywhere that was an acre away from the ice rink.
"Cool" I said taking a sip of my drink.
" 'Ice Raiders' to the helicopter" The announcer called.
The camera showed Two people walking towards the helicopter. One had a black winter jacket on with black snow pants on and goggles. The other had a pink winter jacket on and black snow pants and goggles. Im guessing that was a girl.
The only girl actually.
The two borded the helicopter and then the helicopter flew up.
The guy announcer then spoke. I took another sip of my drink. "And there goes Jeremy and Audrey Julia to the top of Mount Obsticale."
My eyes went wide and I spit taked my drink everywhere. "Thats Audrey!" I said pointing at the tv an looking at Rydel. Her eyes were just as wide as mine.
I looked back at the tv and she was standing there with her feet strapped to her maroon and turquoise snowboard. The horn blew off and she started leaning forward.
She slid down the mountain. "And there goes Audrey Julia, 16 year old girl, and the first girl ever to compete in this competition in the town of Littleton."
She started going through turns and jumps and different obsticales.
She fianlly came down the the ran of the mountain and down to the ramps.
She jumped, grabbed her board, and did a 360. When she jumped through the half point line, fire spit into the air, stopping the clock.
She was amazing, with all those different tricks. I missed her.
The horn went off as Audrey did a 360 through the finish line.
"A 360 for the ending. How creative." The woman announcer said suprised.
Then it was Jeremy's turn to come down. I don't know know who Jeremy is, but his last name is Julia, so they must be related.
When Jeremy finished, the judges started counting up the scores.
"Flags?" A judge asked.
Audrey and Jeremy held out their flags and the judges nodded their heads.
"Audrey Julia" A judge spoke. "95 out of 100 points for the obsticales and turns. Jeremy Julia 97 out of 100 points for the obsticales and turns."
The next judge spoke, "Audrey Julia, 98 points out of 100 points for your trick routine. Jeremy Julia 98 points out of 100 for your trick routine"
I started clapping with others around me and my family.
The last judge spoke, "Audrey and Jeremy Julia, both 100 out of 100 points for collecting your flags. Bonus Points for two editionall tricks added Audrey Julia. Thank you."
The screen switched back to the announcers. "We will be right back with the first, second, third, fourth, and fifth place winners out of TEN teams!" The man said.
"Stay tuned" The woman said.
"I really hope Audrey wins" Rydel said bouncing up and down on the couch.
"Hey calm down your gonna make us spill out drinks" Riker said like serious 5 year old.
I chuckled.
"We're back live with the Littleton Country Club Snowboarding Competition" The woman announcer spoke. "The Judges have finally decided the winners, lets check it out."
" 'Black Ice' fifth place with the fifth fastest time and a total of 356 points.
'Snow Rippers' fourth place with the fourth fastest time and total of 380 points. 'Drifters' third place with the third fastest time and a total of 411 points. 'White Ice' second place with the second fastest time and a total of 586 points."
I crossed my fingers and closed my eyes. I felt Rydel hug me and tighten.
"First place with the fastest time and a total of 588 points is....."

Audrey's POV

"First Place with the fastest time and a total of 588 points is....."
I crossed my fingers and closed my eyes and so did Jeremy.
" THE 'ICE RAIDERS'!!"
I shot my eyes open and looked at my cousin who was blood drained happy. He looked like he couldn't breathe but he had a smile on his face and he was shocked and happy.
I wrapped my arms around Jeremy's neck and I cried happily.
I realeased my grip and looked at him.
"We won!!" Jeremy yelled excitedly.
I nodded fast and hugged him again.
"Audrey, Jeremy, do you have anything you want to say to the live broadcast that everyone in Littleton and United States is watching?" a woman said while a camera was in front if our faces.
"We couldn't be more happier. We worked really hard to come here and we hope to do this next year." Jeremy said happily.
The microphone was moved to me to speak. "I couldn't be anymore proud of myself then I am right now. But we also had alot of support to get this far, we'd like to thank our family and friends. And I personally would like to thank Ross Lynch because he always believed in me an told me that Anything is Possible. Thank you Ross."
The camera and lady went away, and soon the judges came up to us and put medals around our necks for the fastest time and a trophy for first place. The trophy is like half my size. And I'm five foot nine.
I picked up the trophy and we met up with our family by the ice rink.
I hugged Megan and then my Mom.
"Im so proud of you" Mom said with tears coming down her face. "Lets go inside, get some hot chocolate, and warm up. Then we'll go home."
I handed the trophy to Jeremy and he carried it inside while the family followed us.
Jeremy sat the trophy down by a couch and Alice stood next to it. "This thing is taller than me" she whined.
I chuckled.
"Jeremy I thought you were gonna die. Honestly I thought you would t make it." I said laughing.
"Me? What about you? I thought you were gonna die" he said pointing at me. I started walking backwards towards the drinks laughing.
Still walking backwards I called out to Jeremy, "Hey do you want something to drink?"
I bumped into something or someone. "Im so sorry, I wasn't paying attention." I apologized while laughing a bit. I turned around and gazed into the eyes I wasnt expecting to be running into.
"Audrey."
"Ross?"