Justin Roberts- Scared To Be Lonely...

"I want us to fix this 100% me and you." He said as tears raced down my face, I had a headache, I was tired and fed up of the same conversation weekly. Every time we argued, we had the same 'I love you, let's not break up',  but it was becoming so frequent that it hurt. "Justin, I'm tired. Can we talk in the morning?" I asked, wiping my tears away. "Yeah, I'm gonna head back to my flat, sleep tight." He said, grabbing his bag. "I love you." He said kissing my forehead. "I love you too, drive safe." I replied quietly.

I couldn't sleep, I knew for me- something drastic had to change to prevent a breakup. I've been with him for 2 and half years and I adore him with all of my heart, but it's causing so much stress and tears. I got out of bed around 2am and tiptoed downstairs. Chance was sat at the island, his head in his hands. He heard my footsteps and looked up. "Can't sleep?" He asked, I shook my head sadly. "Argument with Alex?" I asked, he nodded his head. I sat down opposite him and he poured me a small glass of whisky. "I'm not ready for this to be over, what me and Justin have. I love him and I always have. That won't change even if we aren't together." I said. "You're scared to be lonely..." Chance said, I sipped my drink. "Huh?" "You're scared not to have each other, to have that person that knows you inside out. You're scared of being alone, you love each other, but that's not enough anymore." He said wisely. "Wow. I didn't think of it in that way..." I trailed off. "What happened with you and Alex?" I asked, he shook his head. "Silly bickering and she stormed off. We spoke on the phone and fixed it, but I'm just a bit emotionally drained." He said dragging the palms of his hands down his face. "Tell me about it." I said pouring myself more whisky.

I sat down with Justin the next evening, it was December 23rd, and we were travelling to our hometown. The Uber pulled up outside my house and Justin carried my bags to the door. "I'm gonna miss you." He whispered as I teared up. "I'm gonna miss you too, but you'll always be my bestest friend Justin. Thick and thin." I cried, he pulled me into a tight hug. "I love you." He whispered. "I love you too." I replied. "I'll guess I'll see you around, or back in L.A..." He said sadly. "Yeah, have a good Christmas." I said, he smiled and opened the Uber door. "Justin?" I called, he turned his head. "Maybe one day in the future we can be together." I said, he nodded. "Maybe." 

He got in the Uber and sped away. My heart broke into a million pieces...