Emilio Martinez- Stood Up

I was nervous as hell; 45 minutes had passed and he still wasn't here. I looked over at Ivan who shrugged with confusion. I swept up my wedding dress with one hand and poked my head round. The aisle was ready- guests were waiting. He still wasn't here. I was ringing him constantly, so did Jake, Anthony, Chance, Nick even his parents- no answer. "The weddings off." I said going into the changing room. If he wanted to marry me, he wouldn't be late- he'd be early. Emilio's always early- never ever late. I changed out of the dress- I hung it up and put the cover over it. I put on some leggings and my second outfit (a two piece) but just the bralette. I clipped my jewellery off. I grabbed my clutch and shoved some money and my phone inside. Everyone was leaving/gathered outside. "Where are you going?" Jake called. "Away from here. Don't follow me, if I need you I'll ring you." I was holding in my emotion until I reached a  bar. I ordered a round of Vodka shots and some Whisky. I was heartbroken, I sobbed at the bar spending way too much money on alcohol. "What's a pretty girl like you doing here at 3pm on a fine Saturday?" The bartender asked pouring me another drink. I put my phone face down; I had 4 missed calls from Ivan, 12 from Jake, 6 from Logan, 18 from Chance, 2 from Nick and 4 from Anthony. "Stood up at tbe altar." I said looking down at my engagement ring. I downed another 3 rounds of shots. I felt disgusting. I went to stand up. "Let me call someone to pick you up." The bartender said. He rang the first person he found on my contacts- Anthony. I heard Anthony's car pull up and he ran in. "Fuck." He said looking at me- my makeup was all over my face and I was fully aware I reeked of alcohol. He scooped me up and I held onto him tightly.

"Why wouldn't you pick up?" He growled, throwing me some food to sober up. "Because I don't care about.." He cut me off when we started driving in direction of the hospital. "Emilio didn't stand you up at the altar, he was in a car accident. You were too fucking pissed to realise." He screamed. "I'm sorry, is he okay?" I said tearing up. "I have no idea, because I was out searching for you. While it's quite possible Emilio's dying." He said hitting his hands on the steering wheel.

I wiped off the really smudged makeup, before we got out the car, but it was difficult to get off. My hair was still perfect from earlier today. I grabbed my clutch and raced behind Anthony. We ran to his room. Jake, Chance & Nick were stood outside. Everyone else was sat in the waiting room. "You reek of Vodka and Whiskey what the hell?" Jake asked angrily. I felt tears spill from my eyes. I dug out a roll on perfume and popped a mint in. His parents and Ivan were sat with him. I looked at him through the glass, his body was covered in gashes, lumps and bruises. He had several tubes running down his throat and around his body. He was all wired up to machines and drips. I started to sob and I felt Nick's comforting arm around my shoulder. He rubbed it as I sobbed.

Once I was slightly calmer, I went in. His parents hugged me, before scurrying out. I held Ivan tightly as we both cried. "I'll give you some time alone. The Doctor said he can hear us- that talking to him will help him wake up." He said softly holding my hand. I nodded and sat down. I knew everyone was watching, but I felt like we were the only ones in the room. I held onto his hand- his eyelids fluttered every now and then, but I didn't know what to say. "Hey Em- today was meant to be our wedding day." I said as tears blurred my vision. "I can't believe this happened. I thought you'd stood me up at the altar...I...I...I'm sorry Milio. I love you and I know you love me- so I don't know why I thought such a horrific thing. I can't wait for you to wake up and recover, then we can get married. Be man and wife forever." I said resting my head on his shoulder. I pressed my lips against his cheek as tears started to flow quicker. I held onto him for what felt like forever. Jake came in. "Hey you need some rest- today has been eventful to say the least." Jake said soothingly. "Go back to the Team 10 house pack me a bag...please. I don't want to leave him." I said tearing up again. Jake kissed my forehead. "Sit tight." He said closing the door. I ran my hands through Emilio's hair. "Stay strong Emilio; I know you can baby." I whispered.