Nathan Speiser- Neither Am I

He was sat silently on the edge of his bed- I knew he was going through so, so much and I knew it was hard. But, I just wanted to be there for him and he was constantly pushing me away. "I told you I'm not in the mood." He growled. I bit my lip and pulled my hoodie over my hands. "Good, because neither am I." I closed the door and walked over. I sat back against the pillows and he crawled over to me. He put his head on my lap and I ran my fingers through his hair as he sobbed. He finally calmed down and I played some quiet music. We didn't need to talk- our emotions were speaking for themselves. "You're okay, you're strong N." I whispered caressing his cheek gently. He sat up and put his head on my shoulder. I slipped my hand into his and pecked him on the cheek. I closed my eyes and thoughts ran through my mind.

I wiped his tears away and he held me tightly. "I know it's so clichè, but time makes grieving easier. I promise. I know your heart is broken now, but you can stay strong I promise." I said. He looked up at me- his beautiful eyes bloodshot. I laid down and held him tightly.

**3 weeks later**

It was Nathan's Grandad's funeral. He was a wreck. I helped him do his bow tie and he changed into a suit. I put on a black, bodycon dress that ended just above my knee. I put on some tights and heels. I did some minimal makeup and curled my hair into loose waves. I helped Nathan pick some flowers the day before to put on the coffin. We drove in silence to get Kade and their parents. We arrived and we stood at the door greeting people. I embraced Kade tightly before we headed in. "I am very happy you're here." He mumbled. I say in between them and held Nathan's hand. I kissed it and the service started.

It was a very draining, emotional day for everyone and Nathan was in bed by 9.