Emilio Martinez- Car Accident

His sapphire-blue eyes were looking straight at me; he reached his hand out and I slipped mine into his. His messy, blonde hair was to die for. "Thank-you tonight was great." I smiled, he smiled in return. "I'm glad you enjoyed it." He said in his thick Spanish accent. He pressed his lips against mine. "I don't want you to go back to Spain." I mumbled- this was the last time I was going to see Emilio for 4 months- it the end of summer and he won't fly back here to the UK until November 12th- 2 days before my 18th birthday. We had spent our last night on a date, and my parents had just driven us to the airport. I wrapped my arms around him tightly and held him close to me. I inhaled his cologne, kissing his neck gently. We locked lips once more, before his flight was called. We had one last, long hug. "I love you baby." He murmured in my ear. "I love you too gorgeous." I replied quietly. I waved him off, before wrapping my cardigan and scarf around me tightly as I walked back out to the car park. I sat in the back and blasted some music through my earphones. We got back and I headed straight to my room. Emilio had left me 2 of his jumpers. I had a shower and washed my hair, before putting one of them over my silk, all in one pyjama set. I curled up in bed and texted him. 'Hope your flight was okay. I miss you already ;(. I love you x' He replied within an hour. 'It was great, but would've been better with you. Missing you more- your birthday can't come sooner. I love you more sweet girl- sleep tight x'

I got ready for school that next morning; I did my makeup and curled my hair. I picked out a basic outfit- black, ripped, skinny jeans and a plain white Tee. I threw on a grey Nike hoodie that matched my trainers. I spritzed some perfume and headed out the door. I walked down the hallways- eyes following me. This was the usual- as I am part of the 'popular click' within my school it's me, Sophie, Holly and then the boys are Dan, Jordan and Matt. We've been friends for the longest time. Also, people had discovered I was dating the infamous Emilio Martinez- which was becoming an increasingly popular topic within the hallway chats. I put the code in my locker and grabbed my textbooks. I greeted everyone else and we walked to our usual hang out spot- behind the bike sheds. I sat down next to Jordan and pulled out my phone. I hadn't heard from Emilio since last night. I locked my phone. "So hows the boyf?" He winked. I rolled my eyes. "It's food Jordan. Really good." I smirked. "The sex or the relationship?" He teased. I hit him on the arm playfully. "Fuck off." I laughed.

That night, I was doing some Geography homework- I was copying up some notes from my previous lesson. I started highlighting some notes, when a picture of me and Ivan lit up the screen. 'Brother😁❤️' flashed several times. I picked up the phone. "Hey Ivan." I said cheerily. I could hear chaos in the background and his voice kept cracking. "I think you might want to know- Emilio was in a car crash this morning." He cried. Instantly, panic filled me and my stomach churned. "Is he okay?" I asked typing in 'flights to Spain from London' into the search bar on my laptop. I raced downstairs still talking to Ivan. Mum and Dad paused the TV and I put Ivan on speaker. "Okay I'm just gonna talk to my parents and I'll call you back okay?" I said.

Ivan said Emilio had been in a 4 car collision; that he was currently a mess. His head was split open, he had a fractured wrist, cuts and bruises covering his whole body, a dislocated kneecap, severe concussion and he felt super sick. I explained to my parents. "I'll get Jordan and the rest of them to send me work- I'll keep up to date, I'll explain to school. Please.." I begged. They whispered back and forth a few times. "You can on the one condition that you keep up with the work." My Dad said sternly. They even paid for the flight. I went into reception, before the airport the next morning and explained what was happening. I got greyed out on all the registers. I went straight to the airport with my suitcase and carry on and jumped on my flight.

Ivan picked me up, we swung by his house so I could change and drop my stuff off. I threw on some cotton shorts, trainers and one of Emilio's jumpers. I threw my hair into a messy bun and tried to stay calm on the journey to the hospital. I linked my arm into Ivan's as we raced down the corridors. There was a small room in the corner- bright white lights filled it. I took a deep breath and opened the door. Nothing could've prepared me for what I was about to see.

His skin was a super white/grey colour as if the life had been sucked out of him. His cuts were deep and in dressings. Multi coloured bruised smothered his body, his wrist bandaged and his knee in a splint.