Jake Paul- Moving On Is What's Best

It was meant to be the most magical night of the school year. Prom. But, I felt like my world was crashing down around me.

The night was nearly over, Prom Queen and King were about to be crowned. The inevitable was going to happen. Jake and I would be crowned. We'd smile, pretend everything was okay, dance and not let anyone know of our breaking relationship until after Prom.

It happened. And as the crown touched my hair, I didn't get the adrenaline rush I'd been praying for my whole life, because when I looked to my right I saw Jake. And my heart broke a thousand times over.

Tonight, we wouldn't walk out hand in hand. He wasn't going to drop me home and shake my Dad's hand as he has for the last 3 years. He wasn't going to tell me he loved me and kiss me.

We danced and I could feel my eyes filling up with tears. "I'll meet you in the courtyard in 5 minutes. We need to talk." He whispered. I felt my eyes nearly let a tear slip out as the words left his lips.

He slipped away and I followed behind, holding my dress in my hand. We went outside and it was chilly he draped his suit jacket over me. "I wanted to put this off and pretend we were okay." He said his eyes filling with tears. He sniffed and I felt my own fill up with warm, salty tears. "I wanted us to fix this and be in love. Prom was the day you'd dreamed of since you were little and we've been planning it a year and half. I didn't want to ruin this night, by us ending things." He said softly. I swallowed my tears. "This isn't just your fault, it's a joint thing." I said, his eyes filled with tears. "I still love you." He said, trying so hard to hold back the tears. I put my arms around his neck and he rested his around my waist. "I still love you too Jake."

I didn't want to let go of him, because I knew as soon as I did it was over. For good. "I think moving on is what's best." He said. We slowly pulled apart and he held my hands. "I'm sorry." I whispered. "Me too." He kissed my forehead and I turned around. I picked up my dress and went back inside.

Jake:

She turned around, carrying her dress in her hand. She looked fucking gorgeous. I couldn't take my eyes off her, I didn't want to end things, because I'm so fucking in love with her. She turned around and I quickly looked away, because if I saw her crying I'd go back.

Y/N:

A tear slipped down and I turned back to look at him. He was looking at the ground, I felt my heart break as I went back inside.