Chad Tepper- Where's Dad?

I had paced the kitchen/lounge/entrance hall for the last 2 hours,  praying he wouldn't let her down again. It was gone 7pm and she was getting tired. I grabbed my phone and text him.
I can't believe you Chad. After our conversation last week, I thought you'd changed. I'm putting Millie to bed. Don't come calling. I'm done.

"Millie?" I called, my gorgeous 6 year old little girl bounded over. "Where's Dad?" She asked, her eyebrows furrowed as I watched her mind tick. "Daddy couldn't come tonight, I'm sorry babe." I said caressing her cheek. "Oh okay." She said, as her face dropped. "Will he be able to come next weekend?" She asked as we walked upstairs. "I'm not sure Mills." I said, swallowing the tears.

I bathed her, got her pyjamas on and Dutch braided her hair. She brushed her teeth and read to me. I flicked her light off, before kissing her. "Goodnight baby." I smiled. "Goodnight Mumma." She beamed. I closed the door over and headed into my room. I changed into sweatpants and an oversized hoodie. I rubbed my makeup off and shoved my hair into a bun. I took my contacts out and put my glasses on. I could hear her gentle snores as I walked downstairs.

There was a knock on the door and my stomach flipped. Praying that it wasn't Chad, I opened the door. "What the fuck are you doing here?" I asked angrily. His eyes were swollen and he looked like he hadn't slept in days. "I'm sorry, I know I was meant to be here. I got your text..." He just looked at me. "Why aren't you here when she wants you Chad?" I asked, my eyes filling with tears. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry for everything." He said sadly. "I don't know what to say." I said sadly. "Please...give me one more chance." He begged. "Be here tomorrow at 9. You can take her out for the day and we'll go from there." I said. Relief and excitement flooded his eyes. "Thankyou, I promise I won't let you down." He said.

The next morning, as promised, Chad showed up at 8.59 (he claims he likes to be early) to pick up Millie. I gave him her day bag and he said he was taking her back to his place then to the park and then out for lunch. He was dropping her back at 4.30.

I did spend the day worrying, but he returned at 4.29 with Millie in tow. She was smiling from ear to ear. "Did you have a nice time?" I smiled, welcoming her in. She nodded. "Bye daddy." She grinned, before giving him a kiss and a hug. "See you soon beautiful." He said. She bounded up to her room. "Thankyou for letting me have her today. It was real sweet of you." He smiled. I couldn't help, but fall in love with him when he smiled. "How about we start with every Sunday." I said. He nodded like an excited puppy. "So same time, same place next Sunday. If you let her down, I'll be taking you to court." I said. He nodded.

I sat down, whilst Millie played in her room. I had a notification from my bank app, I had a new deposit in my account. 'Child Maintenance' -  Mr.Chad Tepper. My heart nearly flew out of my mouth. I text him. 'Thankyou for the money, I'm really happy you're back.- Y/N