Anthony Trujillo- One Year

I woke up at 7.34 to be precise, I closed my eyes as they filled with tears. 1 year. My brother had been dead for 1 entire year. I slipped out of bed and went into the bathroom. I had a shower and got dressed into a 'It's Everyday Bro' hoodie and some leggings. I tied my hair into a messy bun and didn't bother with makeup. Anthony came in. "Morning Princess." He said. My eyes filled with tears again, but I swallowed them. He pulled me towards him. "Morning baby." I mumbled.

I went downstairs and everyone was very nice and no one was bitchy. I unlocked my phone and shared the same collage on all of my social medias; '365 days since heaven gained another angel. Sleep tight Jordan, I love you and miss you endlessly✨.'

I drove to the cemetery with my Mum, Anthony and my younger sister (who's just turned 19) Emily. We pulled up and I climbed out first. I had the box of tissues, Anthony had flowers, Mum had a card and Emily had a little, chalkboard which read '1 Year Today. Love and miss you'. We all sat down in front of his stone and I instantly teared up. Anthony squeezed my knee as Emily laid it down. Mum opened the flowers and arranged them beautifully. "We love you Jordan." She cried, that set Emily off, then me. Anthony wrapped his arms around me.

It was always just me, Jord, Mum & Em. Our dad left when Emily turned 3 and he hasn't been back since. Jordan was the 'man of the house' and was always protecting us girls. He was hardcore, strong yet so soft, and loving. He was my bestfriend 100%, I was always the closest to him, because there's only 2 years between us. Mum was too hysterical, so she walked home with Emily to calm down.

I looked at Anthony and a dozen memories came flooding back.

**FLASHBACK 4 YEARS AGO, YOU & ANTHONY HAVE HAD A MASSIVE ARGUMENT**

"Get out." I shouted, shoving him out the door. I slammed it shut and burst into floods of tears. Jordan came running into my room. "What's going on?" He asked, worriedly. "We just had an argument and i broke up with him, without thinking." I sobbed. He scooped me up and sat with me on my bed. He calmed me down. "Listen, if you ring him now, I guarantee he'll pick up, come over and fix this. It hurts my pride to say, but I think I was wrong about Anthony. He's a keeper Y/N." He said, putting my phone into my hand.

**END OF FLASHBACK**

"I miss him Anthony." I whispered, he held my hands. "I know you do gorgeous, I know." He whispered. He kissed my temple softly and we sat in silence for a little while.

Finally, around an hour and a half after arriving I said goodbye and we went home.