Chapter 93

Another horn is signaled, and my eyes snap back open. The S.U.V. has somehow managed to avoid me, and is now the driver is stopped on the side of the road.

"What the fuck was that!" The short man is yelling at me and I blink.

"Move!" Another voice screams and I'm forced back into reality.

I press my pedal again and leave the intersection.

As soon as I get home, I run up into my room, not even caring if the laptop or my iPod is still in there.

I pull out my phone and search for Harry's contact. I find his name and immediately call him. I just need to hear his voice.

I sit on my bed, shaking with tears rolling down my face.

The call goes straight to voicemail.

"Really!" I yell.

I sigh and roll over. My hands fold over eachother and I bring them up to my mouth, muffling my harsh breathing.

How could this possibly happen?

I have a fucking project due tomorrow, my laptop and iPod are ruined, I almost just killed in a car crash, and to put the glorious cherry on top, my boyfriend is half way across the fucking world.

There is a sound of a door opening and and then a high voice.

"Aurora?"

Jeez, can't I get a break?

"Please leave Amy." I say in a low, shaky groan.

"Are you ok?"

I choice to remain silent, not wanting to speak.

"Aurora,"

"No offense Amy, but I don't want to talk right now. I have a lot going on, and I don't think I can handle getting lectured."

"What are you talking about?"

"Please leave." I say and a few moments later, the door closes.

I stay laying there, not saying anything for what must be hours.

Finally, when the numbers on my alarm clock switch to 10:30, I realize I have to go back outside and get my stuff. I can't just blow this off.

When I finally get back in my room, it's almost 11 and I still haven't eaten anything. This will be 12 hours without food. I need to eat.

I go into my kitchen, grab a few paper towels to clean my stuff off, and then get a granola bar.

I try to be as quiet as possible so my parents don't hear me go upstairs and then close the door. My room is a freaking mess. Add that to the on-going to-do list...

I wipe down my laptop and luckily it turns on.

I bite into my granola bar, and then get back to work.

By the time I finished, it is almost 2 and I feel like death. I check my phone and there are a few messages from Matt but none from Harry.

I decide to call him, but again like before, it goes straight to voicemail.

I decide I'll just call again in the morning and then go into the bathroom to get ready for bed.

---

My phone alarm rings and I groan.

How can it already be morning?

I stretch, a failed attempt at a relief to my aching legs and back.