Chapter 81

"Aurora, wake up! We have the party tonight!" I hear my mother call.

I wipe my eyes and groan.

Fuck. It's Christmas.

I still can't believe I have managed to get Amy to agree to go to this party. It will be literally torture for her to see Zayn again, this is a no brainer, but I'm hoping he avoids her. I don't want any added drama.

I get up and eat my breakfast quickly.

I run upstairs and pull my Christmas dress on. It is a dark red dress with a simple bow on the back and a matching black cardigan on top. I don't want to be too flashy. I hate standing out.

I curl my hair and twist the bangs the way Amy did the one day for school. I let her instructions for putting on liquid eyeliner replay off my lips over and over as Jacks Mannequin plays softly in the background.

Once I finally get both eyes after what seems like a million times, I put some gold eyeshadow on and a light pink lipgloss that makes my lips look a little fuller. I look a lot more mature, much older than older a junior in high school. I almost look like a girl in her mid-twenties.

I slide on my black stockings and matching black high-heeled black suede boots my mother had bought me for last Christmas Eve. The sides have a small black bow that goes perfectly with the one on the back of my dress.

I take one last look in the mirror. My legs do look really thin lately. I didn't mind them before because it was an amazing change from those short, stubby sausages. But now, they look more like tooth-picks. My cheeks have receded a lot as well. The bones are very prominent now.

Ew. I really do have to start eating.

I grab my small handbag and put my phone in it and walk down the stairs.

I didn't realize how long I had been up there. The only light coming from anywhere is from the twinkling lights of the Christmas tree in the corner next to the couch. There is a wide assortment if gifts under the tree and small bulbs and other types of ornaments hanging from the tree. There is a small, hand-made angel I made in first grade on the top. The arms of the small doll are barely hanging on and the crayon used to color in the face is smeared so it looks almost demonic. Oh god.

"Aurora!" My mother calls.

"I'm right here mom." I tell her and she sighs, relieved.

"Thank Christ! Get in the van! We have to pick Amy's mother! Amy has been at the hospital getting her ready. Let's go!"

I jog over to her as fast as I can in these uncomfortable, clunky death-traps attached to my feet. My heels are already aching. I have no idea how I'm going to make it through the whole night in these. Maybe I should make Harry give me a foot massage instead of a back massage when I see him...

I climb into the van and we're off.

We arrive at the hospital and my mother tells me to wait in the car as they get Mrs. Malik. I don't know how they are going to get her up here, but my mom is a doctor so I'm sure she knows.

The side door of the van opens about 15 minutes later and I hear a clicking and the seats in the middle go down. I didn't even know that they were able to. Wow.

I am in the farthest row of this massive van so I can't see what's going on clear enough.

Moments later, Mrs. Malik is rolling herself up, a smile spread across her lips. Her cheeks look much fuller than before. She has a nice red blouse on with little gold hoops in her ears. Her hair lays at a beautiful length at her shoulders. She is a gorgeous woman, even with the small scars from the accident on her face.