Chapter 71

"Did you mean that?" Harry whispers as he pulls into the main highway.

"Mean what?" I sigh. I'm too tired to fight. I need sleep. School can wait.

"That you're done. With us."

I run my hand through my hair. God damn Harry and his stupid habits. I'm starting to pick up all of them. Ugh.

"No. I didn't. It was just a heat of the moment type of thing." I confess.

He sighs, this time relieved.

"I know you're mad at me baby, but you can't just run away from me like that every time your mad. You scare the shit outta me."

I roll my eyes, knowing he's right. I don't even know why I did it. Another "heat of the moment" thing I guess.

"Please talk to me. We have to talk about this." Harry begs.

"You're driving. That would be a distraction. We could both be killed". I say coldly.

"Fine. But we are going to talk about this. I can't lose you."

"I know Harry. I know."

----

We arrive back at my house. The only car left in my driveway is my white Prius.

Where is everyone?

"No ones home, can we talk about this now?" Harry asks.

"Fine."

We both climb out of the car and my legs wobble. I really shouldn't have run; my thighs and insides are crying in pain.

"Let me carry you."

I look up at me and he is watching me intently, stalking my every move.

"It's fine." I tell him.

"Too bad." He smirks and I'm in his arms. He struts over to the door.

"Give me the key baby."

He keeps calling me that almost as if nothing's happened. I would usually say something back I'm honestly way too tired to give a shit about anything right now.

I search my purse and find it.

"Here."

He takes it from my hand, and before releasing it, he kisses each of my knuckles.

Wow.

He finally sets me down on my bed.

"Do you need a ride to school?" He asks.

I look over at the alarm clock and it's already 7:00.

"School starts in a half an hour and I'm honestly way too tired to deal with it right now. I'm not going today."

"Wow. I'd never imagine you to skip school." He says, awestruck.

"Me either."

The room is filled with awkward silence and he stands across from me near the door, watching.

I really don't feel like talking to anyone right now so I decide to take my phone out.

I have so many missed calls from Amy, but none from my mother or father.

I have 20 unread messages, only one from my mother. I open it.

'Text me if you need anything. Feel better baby."

What?

"What's up?" Harry asks as he sits on the edge of the bed.

"Um, nothing. I'm just confused, my mom hasn't asked where I am at all and she texted me a very odd message."