Chapter 56

I woke up Thursday and my head was spinning. Today was the day of my community orchestra summer concert. It was showcasing Beethoven's Op. 61 Violin Concerto, played by ME. My knees shook as I got out of bed. What would people think? Would they think my playing was shit?

I grabbed my clothes and ran to the shower. I had taken a shower the night before, but I wanted to be as clean as possible for the performance. Even though people probably didn't even care because one: it was a community orchestra, and two: the concert was free. But I still didn't want my first real solo piece to have me looking like a freak.

I stepped inside the already steaming water, and the vapor soothed my muscles instantly. I looked down at my legs, about to bring my razor to my calf when I stopped.

There were dark purple marks running up and down my mid-thigh, reminding of what me and Harry had done a few days prior. Images of me lying on my bed while he worked his fingers and lips to please me replayed in my head.

It was suddenly getting hot, too hot.

I made quick to wash my body and hair quickly, and jumped out of the shower. I was still reeling from the memory, and I could feel myself tingling. I hated how just even think about him got me excited. No other man, even Robbie Williams, could get me so worked up like Harry could.

I slipped on my clothes, grabbed my backpack from my room and made my way down the stairs. My mother was already sitting at the kitchen table, and there were 4 plates set up for me, her, my dad and Amy.

"Ready for tonight baby girl? Me and your father are so excited, this is so big for you! You've been working all summer for this, and now it's finally your time to shine like the little star you are!" She exclaimed as she placed steaming scrambled eggs down on each plate.

"Grab the orange juice out of the fridge for me? I'm a tied up right now Ary."

I dropped my bag next to my chair and picked up the pitcher. My mom had the window open to cool the kitchen down as she cooked. I shivered at the cold morning air. I looked outside; it wasn't even light out. Driving was going to be a bitch today...

"So, how have you and Luke been? I talked to Mrs. Hemmings and she said that he said that you two aren't dating, but he would still love to remain friends."

Why did she always have to intrude in my personal life? She always pestered me about getting a boyfriend, even when I was in middle school.

"He's fine, though I haven't really talked to him much. Last time I heard, he had broke his nose but, that was breaking his nose wasn't the worst thing after all. Apparently there was something wrong with the breathing connection in his nasial passage, and the doctor was able to correct it during surgery."

She sat down across from me and poured herself a glass of orange juice.

"I guess all things happen for a reason." She smiled.

My dad came in a few moments later, dressed in his usual morning plaid pajama pants, slippers, and robe. His hair was slightly ruffled and he was starching his shoulder.

"Morning girls." He groaned.

He leaned down to give my mother a gentle kiss on the cheek and then took a seat beside her.

"Looks good darling. Any toast?"

My mother jumped up from the table and grabbed a stack of toast that was left on the counter.

"Of course."

My parents relationship was so simple. They basically never fought, they always seemed so happy to see each other, and they even went as far as to go on weekly date night every Monday.