Chapter 72

"Aurora?" A high voice screamed from downstairs.

Harry had left a half an hour prior so I didn't need to worry about him sneaking out my window or anything reckless like that.

"Up here." I yelled back.

I heard the rushing of footsteps against wood and Amy burst through my door moments later.

She jumped on the bed and attacked me with a hug.

"Get off!" I whined as she smothered me.

She jumped off and laid down besides me.

"I'm just happy I know where the fuck you are! You're so freaking lucky I covered for you with your mom. If she knew where you were, what you were doing last night... I don't even want to imagine." She shuddered.

I blinked, completely baffled by the girl lying next to me.

Why isn't she she screaming at me? Why isn't she cursing me off and telling me how much of an idiot I am?

"So... You and Harry..."

Here we go.

"Yes. Me and Harry." I roll my eyes.

"Why? What made you think doing that with him is ok? You barely know him!"

That's what you think...

"I don't know. It's not like he forced me though, I asked." I respond cooly.

"What?!"

"I asked."

"Yes I heard you, but why? Why would you want to have sex with him?"

I covered my face and sighed.

"Because he's my boyfriend and it was time. And if you saw how angry he got when that guy at the sushi place after he winked at me, you would too."

"Why would I be happy? Infact, if Zayn acted so foolishly then I would be pissed."

Oh god. Zayn.

Should I tell her now? Should I wait? Should I just not tell her at all? I wouldn't want her to find out the hard way through someone that wasn't her friend. She deserved to find out from someone she could trust. But then again, Zayn needs to tell her. He fucked up. It's his grave to dig himself in.

"What's wrong Aurora? Do you regret it?"

"No no, I don't. I mean I'm still pretty sore from it but I don't regret it. Me and Harry are good now."

"Yeah, for today you are." She rolled her eyes.

I pick myself up and looked at her.

"That's not fair."

"But it is. You always go back to him and then end up getting hurt and I'm here to pick up the pieces. It's not fair what he does to you and it's not fair to the rest of us that you keep taking him back. Do you realize how hard it is for us? To see you so hurt?" Amy sat up to become level with me.

"I... It's not..."

"Whatever, take him back. Fuck him. That's your decision, just please don't come crying to me when he screws you over again."

She got up and walked over to the door.

"Oh," She turned back towards me.

"Take some Advil. That always helps me."

I rolled my eyes and turned back over.

Ugh.

I woke up again around six when my mother walked in my room.

"Honey? Are you awake?"

"I am now." I groaned into my pillow.

"Oh Ary, I feel so bad! You were sick as a dog all day and I couldn't help you at all."

A pang of guilt rang through me.

'No mom, I wasn't sick. I was actually sore from losing my virginity with a boy you would definitely disapprove of.' I think as I mentally slap myself.

My subconscious tipped her head back, rubbed her petite hands together, and laughed evilly back at me.

Bitch.

"It's fine mom. I'm feeling much better. I guess the sushi place me and my friend went to had some bad fish or something."

"Sushi? I didn't know you liked fish. If I did, I would make it more. I love fish."

"Yes mom, I like fish."

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes. This conversation is ridiculous.

"So this friend... Is it that boy that you brought here a few weeks ago?"

Oh shit.

"Um, yes. Harry and I went out last night."

She nodded, rubbing her forearms. Her expression was unreadable. What is she thinking?

"So you and him.. You're a thing then?"

I looked down at the sheets. Oh no.

"Ary, I'm your mother. Tell me please."

I gulped, preparing myself for the worst. Slowly, I opened my mouth the respond.

"Y, y, yes." I stuttered.

My subconscious raised her arms above her face to guard herself.

"Well alright then. He seemed like a very pleasant boy. A few too many tattoos and piercings, but Jesus taught us not to judge. So I won't."

Leave it to my mother to bring God into this...

She gave me a weak smile and patted me on the back.

"I'm going to fix up some dinner. Are you eating with us?"

I nod quickly and she smiled.

She closed the door.

I blinked. What the fuck just happened?

She should have screamed. Yelled. Threatened to kick me out. Something.

This can't be real.

Either she was actually happy for me, or beyond pissed and hiding it away- placing this new information in a safe place to be used to get back at me for some stupid thing I may and probably will do in the future.

I sighed, pushing any ideas or theories far away.

I climbed out of the plush bed and trudge over to the door.