Chapter 76

"Aurora! Hurry up! The Malik's were expecting us twenty minutes ago!" My mom yells from the bottom of the stairs on Thursday afternoon.

I straighten my last piece of hair and grab my bangs and twist it the way Amy had on Monday. It looks a lot less formal without the curls, but it still looks nice.

I grab my jeans that I have yet to put on and run them up my legs. The waist is really loose so I grab a belt and tighten it. Jeez. I really have lost weight. I smile at the thought and make my way downstairs.

"Thank god! I thought you'd never make it. Grab your shoes and lets go." My mother yells and Amy strolls into the room looking perfect in my knee-length navy dress that I wore Monday. She is wearing bright white pumps and a matching cardigan. I assume these clothes are all mine as well, but I really don't know. I've never worn them in my life.

"That dress looks a lot better on you then me." I tell her as I slip my converse on.

"I wouldn't say that. I thought you looked amazing on Monday." She says cooly as she takes the spot next to me. She pulls out her phone, and starts examining herself through the reflection of the black glass.

"You're wearing converse and jeans to a dinner?" Amy looks insulted as she scans up and down at my appearance.

"Yeah. Is there a problem with that?"

"No. It's just I thought we would try to be a little more formal. But you look fine anyway. Come on, your mom is calling us."

She strolls out of the room and I follow. My phone is buzzing in my pocket and I know who it is.

Matt has been texting me all week and while he is really funny and is easy to talk to, I'm still not completely comfortable talking to him this much. I have a boyfriend now. And not one that runs around cheating on me every chance he gets.

I love Harry. I hope Matt can realize that soon.

I take it out despite my worries and giggle.

Matt sent me a picture of him making some silly face. His tongue is sticking out and his eyes are crossed. He looks as if it's in the middle of dinner with all the people sitting around him.

'Put your phone down! Eating and texting don't mix!' I replied.

I feel someone staring at me and I snap my head to the left.

Amy had her full on bitch-you-have-a-boyfriend glare.

"Yes?" I snapped. I didn't mean to sound so irritated, but her staring is making me feel guilty even though I should.

I'm not doing anything. I'm just texting a friend. That's not anything bad.

"Just remember, if bad shit happens, I'm not going to be there to pick up the pieces." She finished, walking into my mothers car and slamming the door shut.

I rolled my eyes and walked around to other side. My father climbed in the passengers seat and my mother turned on the car.

"Everyone ready?" She asked.

There was a mixture of groans and mumbles confirming we were.

"Jeez people, what's your issue? It's Thanksgiving!"

Yeah. It is. A thanksgiving that I have to endure a whole dinner glaring at my best friends boyfriend who has cheated on her just because she wouldn't give him sex.

"Aurora, are you ok?" My father asks from his seat in the front of the van.

I nod quickly and turn my attention back to my phone. Matt has responded.