Chapter 48

After Harry threw out his food, he returned back to our booth. I hadn't ate anything, even though he offered at least 20 times to buy me something. We didn't speak while he ate. I just simply sat back and watched as people strolled by or ate their food. Harry had been sitting across the table, watching me the whole time. I knew he wanted me to say something, but I refused. I didn't want to talk to him.

While he was throwing it out, I started to remember all the fear I had for him. His ability to grow so angry with me so quickly couldn't be safe. I couldn't trust him.

Mixed with anger from his attitude towards me and fear, I cautiously sat back as he climbed next to me in our booth. I hadn't expected to take the seat next to me, but I didn't argue. I didn't want to start a fight with him, not in the middle of all these people.

I pulled out my phone and started to text Amy. It was 6:20 and she should be back soon. I was about to tell her to come back earlier, until Harry stopped me.

"Um, Aurora?" Harry shyly asked.

"Yes?" I groaned. I didn't know why I was being so mean to him, he did nothing wrong. I guess my inner fears of him were forcing me to put up an annoyed front. Or maybe I just retaliating against him because of the way he was acting just a half an hour before.

"Why are you acting so cruel to me lately?"

Cruel? Wow, looks like someone remembered their dictionary today...

"I don't know, I just..." I couldn't finish my sentence. I didn't want to tell him how afraid of him I was. But even though I was scared, I didn't want to hurt him. He had been through a lot with his parents basically leaving him, and he didn't deserve another heartache.

"Please, if it's because of what I told you at my treehouse, I need to know. I wasn't going to tell you, I didn't want to put all of that on you. It's a lot to handle, and you have so much going on in your life anyway and I just didn't want to hurt you.."

His lips looked so soft... So pink...

I didn't want to, but some invisible force made me.

Without thinking, I forced my lips upon his, silencing him.

"Mhm..." He moaned, caught off guard.

At first, he resisted, extremely unprepared by my actions. Eventually, he gave in, leaning closer to me and draping his hand up my back and around my cheek. He placed his other hand on my waist, bringing me closer.

I didn't know what came over me, maybe it was seeing him so sincere and worried for me? Maybe it was the way his hands were rubbing up and down his thighs, trying to remove the nervous sweat? Or the way his thick eyebrows furrowed down when he was trying to explain himself? I just wanted to take away the pain, to make him stop worrying.

My mind finally caught up with me and I started to panic.

'What am I doing? I purposely ignored him so I couldn't allow myself to do this? Of course I still wanted to be with him, but it wasn't safe.'

I started to pull back a bit, and he removed his lips from mine.

"Wha, what's wrong? Is it something I did?" He questioned. He brought his face down to mine to meet my eye level. He desperately searched my eyes, trying to figure out what had made me stop our intimate moment.

"I, I didn't mean to... I just..." I tried to explain myself, but the words wouldn't come.

"Wait, so you don't... You don't like me then? When we were hanging out, you seemed to, I thought you did..You didn't like that?" He asked.