Chapter 15

"I just don't see your point." Harry rolled eyes while holding the door for me. It had been almost a week since he took me mini golfing, and in that time we had already become much closer. He had texted nearly everyday since, and we walked together between classes whenever we could. He had even offered to drive me home on Monday when I had to stay after school late for French club, and there had been no late buses running that day. Apparently he had been at German club, but something told me differently considering there was no second backpack in the backseat on the way home. I had chosen not to comment on it. We had gotten along for so long, and I didn't want to mess things up.

"How can you not? Fall Out Boy clearly beats out All Time Low any day of the week."

Harry shook his head wildly.

"F.uck no! Restless and the Brave is one of the best songs ever created!"

"Um, Fall Out Boy has created easily thirty songs just as good, if not better than Reckless. Plus they seem to have been around longer than I have; they're pure legends."

"Oh, the next thing you're gonna tell me is that The Stones are better than CCR."

"Obviously." I say and Harry snorts.

"What? Well, they are!"

"Seriously? CCR is possibly the best band of the twentieth century, hands down. Have You Ever Seen The Rain? Fortunate Son? Proud Mary? I grew up on those songs!"

"What about Brown Sugar? Tumbling Dice? Miss You? Now those are kickass songs!" I countered and Harry laughed sarcastically, throwing his head back as he mocked me.

"Great songs, they are, but Creedence is hands down my favorite band ever to exist. Fortunate Son is my anthem. That song has got me through some tough times in my life."

"Oh, like you've been through such horrible times." I rolled my eyes. When Harry does not respond, I looked back at him. His eyes were looking forward, his smile still present, but faded. I chose not to comment, but I continued with our band argument.

"Alright tough guy. Pick one: Sinatra or Dean Martin."

Harrys grin returned almost automatically.

"Your making me choose between two members of the Rat Pack? The greatest jazz club band ever to exist?"

"Mhm." I nodded with pride. Harry puffed out a sigh and shook his head.

"God, the two greatest voices of the twenties and thirties... How can I choose? Do I go with obvious choice of Sinatra, or pick the less known, but legend, Dean Martin? On An Evenin' In Roma has to be one of my favorites... Damn! This is hard!" Harry pushed my shoulder jokingly and I shrugged, whist winking slyly at him.

"I think I'll have to go with Sinatra... Bewitched will still remain to be one of the best big band songs ever to exist. The strings, the brass... I love it. Always have, always will."

"Most men would cringe at its meaning. Being all lovey dovey over a girl?" I poke fun at him at he glared gently.

"I think the guy is talking about being into her body more than her. If a girl has a bangin' body, why would a guy not be into her?" Harry commented and I raised one brow at him. He shrugged.

"What can I say? Men have a weakness towards tits and ass. We try as we might, but look at Adam and Eve. The bitch waved that sexy little ass around too much, of course he was putty in her greedy hands."

"I knew reading Paradise Lost in lit with you would get me in trouble. You tend to take things and twist them around the benefit you."

Harry shrugged playfully.