Chapter 45

"The mall? You brought me to the mall? I have no money Amy!" I whined as she pulled inside some store.

"Oh come on, it's not that big of a deal, if you want something, Harry or Zayn can pay for it."

My heart stopped and I let out a small gasp.

Harry? Harry was here?

"H, h, Harry?" I stuttered.

"Yeah, it's not like you guys are dating or anything. You told me you ended things with him, and Zayn's parents are out and they don't trust Harry alone in the house by himself, so Zayn had to bring him."

"I, I." I couldn't speak, it felt like all the air had been removed from me. My mouth was dry and my legs were numb. I hated how scared Harry made me. If I was off my guard, something bad might happen and I would have no control over the situation.

"Oh come on, he's not going to hurt you with Zayn here. Don't look so freaked out, you're scaring me now." She laughed lightly. I gave her a small smile so she wouldn't worry.

We walked around a bit and Amy rambled about different stores. She was trying to give me another lesson in shopping like the last time we had come here. I wasn't paying attention though, all I could think about was Harry. Would he be mad at me for ignoring him? Would he start a fight? Would he just simply ignore me?

I tried to hold a smile as inside I was having an almost mental break down. I held my phone tightly in my hand as we continued to walk through random stores.

"This is cute isn't it? It would work perfectly with your hair. The blue and would accent your eyes and be a nice balance with your brunette hair." Amy showed me. I nodded at the scarf in her hand and continued to walk.

"Are you still scared? Listen, if you want, I can tell Zayn to stay home."

I sighed, turning around.

"No, it's fine. I would rather just get this over with, you know?"

She nodded and we walked to the food court. We found a booth, and took seats opposite each other. I rested my head against the window looking out below the mall into the street and closed my eyes.

"Aurora, they're here." Amy alerted me. How long did I have my eyes closed? Did I fall asleep?

I looked down at my phone and unlocked it. I needed a distraction if I had to spend the afternoon with Harry.

As I was scrolling through Instagram, I felt something press down on the other side of my seat. I tipped my head slightly to the side. I saw a few wobbly curls and a black t-shirt. Great.

I looked up and Zayn and Amy were hugging, greeting each other.

I turned to Harry and he was looking the other way. He must have known I was still ignoring him.

"So, me and Zayn are going to walk around for a while. Do you need us to stay?" Amy said.

"WHAT?" Me and Harry both screamed at the same time.

We both quickly turned to each other, both extremely worried and then back at them.

"Me and Zayn want some alone time. We haven't gotten to go on an actual date yet, and this is our chance. You don't mind do you?"

I saw the desperation in Amy's eyes. I knew that after seeing her mom and everything that she really needed this.

"Well I..." Harry started but I stopped him.

"Yeah, sure. Go ahead. What time are you coming back?"

Amy ran over to me and caught me in a tight hug.

"Thank you, thank you! And is 7 ok?"

"7? That's 5 hours!" I exclaimed.

Her face fell and I laughed nervously. I didn't mean to sound so harsh, and I didn't want her to be upset. With everything going on, who knew how emotionally stable she was.

"Fine fine, be back at 7. I mean it." I warned.

She quickly nodded, a happy grin spread across her petite face, and then ran back to Zayn.

He turned around and winked.

Before I could regret it, they were gone and me and Harry were alone.

I took my phone out again, and flipped open Instagram.

Harry tools his phone out and started texting someone. The situation was awkward, no doubt about that, but at least he was finally not talking to me.

"Oh shit." He mumbled.

I looked up, and he glanced at me.

"What?" He said quickly back to me. Why was he being defensive?

"Nothing, it's just when a person randomly curses at themselves, I look. Sorry."

"Yeah, whatever." He mumbled.

I turned back to my phone.

"Hey, aurora?" He asked timidly. It was odd to see Harry so not sure of himself.

"Yeah?" I replied.

"Can we like, go walk around or something? My legs are getting pretty cramped. This table's too small."

Why did he want to take a walk with me?

"Um, yeah sure. Why do you wanna go with me though?" I asked cautiously.

He shrugged.

"I don't know. You're here and I'm bored." He confessed.

"Oh, ok. Well you have to get up then, I'm not crawling under the table to get out."

He gave me a confessed look and then laughed slightly.

"You're sense of humor is a little weird."

"Yeah, I know. Just get out, ok?" I complained.

He stood up, and held a hand out for me. I shoved it away and pushed myself up.

"Where to my lady?" He batted his eyelashes.

"I'm not your lady. Don't call me that."

He laughed again, and slide his arm around my waist.

"Sure thing, kitten. Whatever you say." He whispered in my ear.

{comment/vote} -B ((: