Chapter 16

"Be careful." Amy warned as Zayn held the door for her. I smiled shyly at him and nodded to her.

"Alright, see you there." Zayn waved at me as he allowed the door slowly close. I watch the two pull away and then moved back upstairs. I had to gather my purse and put on the outfit Amy set on for my bed. I quickly removed my pants and t-shirt and slip into the dress. Luckily there was no zipper so all I had to do is pull down the edges and then step into my heels. They were high, not as bad as two weeks ago, but nevertheless very uncomfortable. I just prayed I won't have to be on my feet that much this time. I'm planned to stay far away from that pool and from alcohol.

I quickly applied the last touches to my makeup and then I felt my phone vibrate.

From Harry:
'Here. Don't try to wear anything too bad. X'

I shook my head and grabbed my purse. I rushed down the stairs and quickly locked the door before going to Harry's car. I climbed inside and sat down. Harry was already glaring when I looked over at him.

"What?" I asked. He gave me one of those, 'you've gotta be kidding me' looks.

"Does it look bad?" My eyes flitted down to my lap. Everything looked in order. I thought I looked good...

"No, it doesn't. Not at all." Harry's hand aggressively pushed back the gear shift and he slammed down on the peddle.

"And that's the problem."

Harrys hand twisted a knob on the stereo. CCR continued to blare through the speakers of the sports car. The volume of the music caused my ears to ring. I chose not to comment so I wouldn't upset him further. Minutes passed before he finally spoke again.

"I really don't think you should be going places dressed like that. It isn't flattering."

"You just said it looked good?"

"Well I lied. It looks trashy. It makes you look like you're begging for sex. Guys are going to get the wrong impression."

"Excuse me?" I couldn't help but feel offended. Where did this side of him come from? We were doing so well. Why did he have to start acting this way?

"Oh, come one. You're going to play stupid now? Look at you. Any man would be an idiot not to at least try. Men will be all over you tonight. You're going to drink too much, and you're going to get into trouble."

"And why would you care? It's not your responsibility to watch over me." I spat back and Harry gripped the steering wheel harshly.

"You think I don't know that? Why would I even try, if you're constantly setting yourself up for disaster? If I knew you were that big of an idiot-"

"Excuse- What the hell is wrong with you?"

"What's wrong with me? What's wrong with you, sweetheart? You're wearing so much makeup even Sephora would reject you. Have you bothered to even look in the mirror? Your skirt barely covers your thighs. You look like a freakin' hooker."

"What the- I thought you were my friend? What's your problem?"

Harry did not respond after that. We both remained in silence as he pulled into Zayn's neighborhood. We finally arrived at the house and he pulled in the driveway. The car came to a rigid halt as we reached the bottom of the driveway just outside the garage. I looked inside the small cement space.

There were tables set up with small red solo cups where there was what looked like college age boys centered around it. Two stood at each end, and the other watched as one threw a small white ping pong ball into the cups. The boys sung various chants as the ball landed directly in one. The other boy sighed, picking the ball out from the cup. He tipped his head back and sucked down the whole cup in one sip. His balance swayed as he shook his head and the other boys slapped his back, laughing the entire time.