Chapter 80

"No!" A woman screamed. There was a clatter and suddenly a pounding of a body falling, hitting the floor with a massive thud.

He laid there, screaming in agony as blood covered the floor.

My own father.

And yet, I felt no guilt.

I turned to my left and saw a pale, thin, body. It couldn't be alive. His face was bruised and maggots crawled in and out of his whitish, blue skin. His eyes were yellow and he wore thick, shattered glasses.

"Look what you've done. You sick bastard."

Suddenly there was a black belt around his decaying neck and the boy stood on a ladder.

"Look what you've done."

The ladder was kicked and just I ran to stop the boy from doing it, a door slammed, blocking the boy from view.

I woke, dripping in sweat and shaking. I hope I hadn't screamed this time.

Aurora.

I need her.

I quickly grabbed from my phone from my desk where it was charging and scrambled for her name in the contact.

The frigid Maine air made my naked skin ache with the crisp cold.

God damn bloody New England.

I pressed send and jogged back over to my bed, pulling the covers up over me and snuggling inside.

She picked up on the fourth ring.

"Hell, hello?" Her voice was a raspy relief that sent joy through my veins.

My Aurora.

"I'm sorry baby, I had a nightmare and I just needed to hear your voice."

There was silence for a few moments as she processed what I told her.

"Ok. Do you want to talk about it?" She sounded more awake now.

"No, I just needed to hear you. I love you, you know that right?"

Another patch of silence.

"Yes Harry, I do. And I love you. Now it's like 3:30. Go back to bed."

"I love you." I assured her one last time.

"I love you too. Goodnight."

"Bye."

I hung up the phone and put it back on the night table.

Just replaying her soft, gentle voice and I'm asleep instantly.

---

Aurora's POV:

"Harry, please tell me what the dream was about. It isn't normal for you to just call me in the middle of the night like that."

We were sitting in the food court trying to find a each other Christmas gifts. So far it wasn't working. Harry wouldn't let me get him anything and I hate gifts.

"I really don't want to talk about it Aurora. It really meant nothing."

"Because calling me at fucking 3:30 at night to hear my voice is nothing?" I am starting to grow really impatient now. Why can't he just tell me?

"It's really personal and I don't want to get into it." He said and his hand tightened on the can of Rockstar he held and his jaw clenched. He can try as hard as he wants to try and intimidate me. I'm going to get him to tell me.

"It's either you tell me, or I'm not having sex with you until you do." The words came out of my mouth before I could even process them and by the time I realized what I said, he was already laughing so hard that his face was a bright red. His lip ring shook with his laughter along his other piercings. Thank god he out them back in...