Chapter 79

I dropped the fork I was playing with and it clattered against the clean plate in front of me loudly.

Harry glanced over at me and gave me a strange look. He quickly went back to his conversation.

Harry's mother.

The woman that basically left him for dead and forced him to live with new people and live in a totally new country.

She was a lot prettier than I imagined.

Anne walked out of the door and I felt as if I was about to explode from the tension right now.

Harry's mother is seated just a few seats down from me and Amy was smothering the boy who had cheated on her. Is if nothing had ever happened.

My heart is beating fast now and I feel like I have to throw up.

"Babe, you ok?" Harry asks and takes me hand. His minty green eyes are searching mine for some type of reassurance, but I can't find the strength to give him any.

"Do I need to take you up to my room again and help you out?" He wiggles his eyebrows.

Really?! Is the sex the answer to everything??!

"No. I'm fine. Don't worry about me."

He kisses the top of my hand and sets in back in my lap.

"Now, about that score last night..." He turned back to the guy and he was gone.

I huffed and looked back at my lap. My hands were sore for some unknown reason. I rub them in haste and look around.

Despite how I was feeling towards her right now, Amy's here and I should at least try and talk to her.

"Amy," I start.

She turns her attention from Zayn and over to me.

"Yeah?"

"How is your mom doing?"

She shifts in her seat. Shit. Did I upset her?

"She's doing a lot better. The doctors told me last night she has regained all feeling back in her right arm and in her left foot. She can feed herself again, with some help."

Wow! The last time I saw her, she could barely move her fingers!

"That's amazing! Do you know when you're going to see her again?"

"Tomorrow." She answered instantly.

"Oh. Can I come?"

She looks at Zayn, seeming a unsure about something.

"Um, sure but... Me and Zayn..."

"Oh."

"You can still come if you want," she bargains.

"No, it's all good. You two go. I can go another time."

I look back at Harry and he's still deep in conversation. What can be so amusing about kicking a ball around a field?

I decide now is a good time to check my phone.

I have received many chain messages from people wishing me a happy holiday.

Matt had sent me another picture. He was making another silly face- crossed-eyed with his middle finger up. How flattering...

'Nice face.' I responded, not knowing what else to say.

"Who's that?" Harry asked.

I looked up at him and he is looking annoyed.

"A friend from school."