Chapter 40

Author's note:

So this chapter needs an authors note.

As a warning, if you are not comfortable with the subjects of suicide, abuse, bullying, cyber-bullying, and drinking; I would NOT recommend this chapter, it is kind of dark and may be a little much for some people.

Anyway, I hope you like it! It took a lot of time and energy to write this chapter, and I would love to hear your feedback!

Comment, vote.

Ily- B (:

"So basically it starts off when I was like 7 or 8. Somewhere around that time. I would tell you all about my childhood, but it really isn't that important. I grew up like any other kid, I got toys, played around. Decent home. Basic education. Good parents. School. You know."

I shook my head, understanding what he meant. He continued.

"So up until about 7 or 8, I was fine with other kids. I never really had any major problems, I made friends pretty easy. But somewhere around that age, kids started bullying me. Not that you would know, but my name used to be Marcel. I used to wear these huge glasses and my mom always slicked my hair to side. And I used to wear these ugly carmel sweater vests all the time. Anyway, the other kids at school hated me for that. They used to tease me and beat the shit out of me. I never really made any friends, until I met this kid named Joey." He stopped and looked at the ground. He seemed to be in a great deal of pain when he said the boy's name.

"Anyway, like I was saying, I met Joey. He was a nice kid, a lot like me. We shared the same hobbies; we both liked chess and classical music. He used to take viola lessons from my father, so sometimes, we would meet up and play together. I would play my cello, which like I mentioned before my father was teaching me. Me and Joey were best friends. He seemed to be the only person who got me. Who understood me.

"But then we started to get older, and I started noticing those popular kids, the one's that used to bully me. They never really bullied me anymore, but I knew they still talked about me. They would purposely be nice to me in class and then laugh at me when I tried to talk to them. They would pull pranks on me. I knew I needed to change.

"I decided to change my look the summer between grade 7 and 8. I started dressing differently. I got rid of those kaki slacks my mum forced me to wear and stopped gelling my hair and let it grow out. I got contacts. I paid a tattoo artist to give me some things. I went to the piercings shop and got my lip and eye brow pierced. I started working out everyday. I started having people call me Harry; my middle name is Harold, so I wanted people to call me Harry, it sounded tougher. When I came back to school, all these kids starting talking to me randomly. I started getting invited to parties. People liked me." He smiled, looking back at the times.

"But, Joey wasn't. He was still the same old Joey he always was. Fat, short, and weird. It had never really bothered me when I was friends with him. But once I became friends with these people, I realized just how much of a prick he really was. One Monday after a party, I was pretty hung over and my mates were all screaming and hovering around me. Apparently, I had banged some hot sophomore and because I was only only in grade 8, it made me like the coolest kid in the whole fucking place. I had forgotten that it was Joey's birthday that Saturday, though. He had invited me to his party, but the other party came up and I couldn't go." He shook his head; he looked so disappointed in himself.

"Well, that day he came up to me to ask why I hadn't come to his party. I acted like I didn't even know who he was when he approached me. Then, my friend Jon pulled me aside and I asked me why I even talked to him in the first place. That he was a weirdass nerd that deserved to get the fat beat right off of him. He suggested that I should beat him up right there. I agreed to beat him up, but somewhere else. There were teachers around and I didn't want to get detention. I had only agreed to it because I just wanted to be popular, to be liked." He stopped and looked out the window. He chewed on his thumb, thinking.