Chapter 90

"Harry? Harry?" I practically yell into the phone.

"Ugh!" I moan.

"Trouble in paradise kitten?" I hear someone say and I look up.

Tom is wearing a new pair of pants- a pair of loose sweatpants that look so old that they must be from the seventies. Gotta love the lost-and-found...

"Don't call me that." I mutter we start walking.

"Why? He does." He says and I stop.

"How do you know that?" I am practically speechless. Oh my god!

"I can hear your conversations with him on a daily basis. I sit right next to him. You guys aren't exactly quiet you know."

He starts walking faster again and for the second time today, I'm jogging to keep up.

"Why are you so angry if I'm with him or not?" I ask.

"I'm not. I guess I'm just in a bad mood. The nurse told me I had pretty bad burns. Luckily, they weren't so bad that I had to go to the hospital. She just used some rubbing alcohol and cleaned them off, and then bandaged them." He explained.

"Didn't that hurt?" I gawked.

"Yeah. Like a bitch. But I'm fine now."

"Oh, well that's good." I say.

"Yep."

We remain silent for a few more minutes and finally we reach the class again. I check my phone. It's 9:30. Third ends at 9:42. We've only got a few minutes left.

"Before we go in, can I ask you something?" He turns down and looks a me.

If he is going to ask me out I swear...

"Oh, don't look at me like that. I'm not going to ask you out. I was wondering if you just wanted to hang out."

"Hang out? You were just yelling at me and now you want to be my friend?"

He shrugs.

"Well, I guess that can't be that bad.. Maybe tomorrow night?"

"Sure. We could go see a movie if that's fine with you."

I nod, enjoying his suggestion.

"Well, give me your number and I'll text you about it."

I hand him my number, and I watch as he types it in.

"There. We can talk later."

And with that, he opened the door, allowing me to walk inside while the rest of the class stared.

---

Harry's POV:

I walked through the tiled hallways of the hospitals, receiving many nervous and also intrigued looks from the nurses and female patients walking by.

Sorry ladies, I already have a girlfriend.

Anne walked a few paces ahead, as the fatass stroked her back softly, comforting her.

I watched as his fingers ran through her dark brown hair. I remember it always being golden blonde. Why had she dyed it? I liked that color..

We continued walking through the halls, passing many different rooms. Patients were laid propped up on the motorized beds. Some spelt, some were conversing with random people. Some were eating. Some were simply just looking somewhere into the distance.

I can't imagine what it must be like to be sick in this place. The boring white walls are already giving me a headache just being here ten minutes, and it smells like yearn and death. Well maybe not death, but it isn't pleasant.