Chapter 60

Harry's POV:

I cleaned my room, clearing out and trash and random shit that would possibly make tonight any worse. I wanted to her come over tonight, not to make out and shit, but to just be with her.

Well maybe make out, but only if she wanted to.

All day I tried being nice to her, restraining my usual perverted comments and rude remarks. And yet there was something so distant about her. She hasn't spoke to me for the rest of the day, and when I saw her walk to the parking lot after 9th, all she did was give me a forced smile. Almost as if she felt bad for me.

Was she mad at me or something? Had I said something wrong?

I didn't want her pity, though I didn't understood why I was getting it in the first place. Niall had been talking to her after theory after she ditched me. I had let it go after her getting pissed at me for being jealous of him last week. Did he say something to her?

I going to fucking kill him the next time I see him.

I said I would go pick her up at 7. It was 6:45. Maybe I should show up late? It would give her some time to relax before she saw me. I really don't know what I had done. I thought being nice to her would show her how much I'm trying to be a good guy here. I can't understand her. Sometimes I think I can, and just when I think this could work, when I could be the man she wants, she shuts me down.

I pick up my phone and turn around and check my room again. There are still some dirty t-shirts on the ground but honestly I'm too damn lazy to give a fuck. She's seen this room before. She doesn't seem to mind the mess.

I quickly make my way down the stairs and is stopped by my Aunt. I wasn't expecting her to be home tonight, merely because she never is. She is always working at the therapy office, or at some party, or other sorts of high class shit that I don't really care about. I'm glad she took me in, no doubt about that, but sometimes all the high maintenance and fake ness can get really irritating.

"Going out tonight?" She asked with that usual overly nice, forced smile. She looked liked she was talking talking to one of patients of something. Sometimes I thought she only brought me in to live with her so she could brag to all her little therapy co-workers about raising a "troubled teen."

"No, but I'm bringing someone here."

"Oh." Her un shocked look is probably because I've brought so many girls here to fuck after parties and shit, and sometimes just because I was bored. This was normal for her.

"No, it's not like that. I'm not planning on fucking her. We're just... Hanging out. It's her birthday." I answer honestly.

It looks like I just won the fucking lottery. She is actually giving me a genuine smile, no not just smile but a full grin. It's fucking disgusting. I can't take this anymore.

"Move please? I'm going to be late."

"I'm so happy for you, you're finally..." She stops as she notices how agitated I'm getting.

I know I shouldn't be so cruel to her, after everything she's done for me. But seeing her is like seeing my mother. She has the same golden brown hair and those same greenish eyes. She even sounds like her, despite the American accent. Sometimes it just hurts being around her.

"Yeah, just move. And if she does meet you, don't be weird you know? Save all your stupid therapy questions. She's not great with attention."

"Harry, my questions aren't stupid. I'm one of the best in the business. I'm not..."

"Just move?"

She steps aside and pats me on the back. I grumble something rude under my breath so she won't hear and rush out the door.