Chapter 31

"You realize that even though you refuse to work with me on this project, now it's inevitable kitten. You're stuck with me." Harry smirked down at me as we left Music Theory.

The whole class I had tried to avoid talking to him, despite walking with him to Theory, mostly because I knew he would try to bring up the project. Whatever sick game he was playing to ruin my life was back in action, though much less harsh as it was in the past.

"No. There are ways around working with you." I answered back.

"How so?" His smirk grew wider and I grew more irritated.

"Oh, I don't know really. I mean I guess I can just make up some bullshit story and really soften you up and make you seem like this great person and get us an A."

"Okay... Even if you did do that, why would you wanna not work with me? I've done nothing wrong to you besides tease you a bit. I offered to try to make a friendship work, but you kind of fought me on it. And as of Friday night, you didn't seem to hate me that much. You honestly can't tell me you forget what we did on..."

Oh my god..

"No! Shut up! Of course I remember! And like I said, I regret it. It was a drunken, stupid mistake and I should have never let you take advantage of..." He cut me off just as I had done to him a few seconds prior.

"Take advantage of you? I didn't do shit! In case you haven't realized, I got nothing out of our little night together. You did absolutely nothing for me in return! And don't say you were drunk, because I knew the whole time you had sobered at the point! Now, how is that taking advantage of you?" He was screaming now, and now there was a small crowd formed around us.

"Just... Just, just leave me alone!" I yelled, pushing his chest and sending him falling back a small bit. He obviously wasn't expecting such a violent action from me, and his eyes popped open as his mouth gapped slightly.

Before I could make my escape, his hand caught my wrist and yanked me back to him.

The crowd roared, and I noticed it had now doubled in size and it was only growing bigger by the second.

"No, you don't get to run away from me this time Aurora. We're going to talk this out." His eyes were no-longer a minty green, but now a ring of black. I had only seen this side of him when he was really angry with me, like we were fighting, and not just bickering. Why did we always end up fighting like this? Didn't we just reconcile? How can it be so horrifyingly hot and cold with this kid?

"I don't want to talk to you! I want nothing to do with you, don't you see that?! I know you take pleasure out of seeing me annoyed or pissed off, but I'm done! If you won't leave, I'll leave for the both of us."

My free hand cupped around his massive one as I tried desperately to remove his hand from my small wrist. His strength was too much for me, and after realizing he wouldn't be letting me go, I sighed.

"Please Harry, I can't do this anymore. It's exhausting. Can't you see what you're doing to me?" My voice was as weak as my body as I pleaded. His grip eased slightly upon hearing the desperation in my voice, but it was still too strong to fight back against.

"You know I'd never want to actually hurt you Aurora. But is being with me really that bad of an option?" I bit down on my lip, a lump forming in my throat. The hurt in his husky voice made doing this almost unbearable. But I needed to end this once and for all.

"Yes. I can't be with friends with you anymore. We can't go two hours without arguing; it's toxic. I need you to promise me that you'll leave me alone."

Harry released me quickly, and I stumbled backward slightly, not expecting him to let me go so soon. He turned around, not saying another word.

It felt as if an one hundred ton weight was beating down on my chest as I watched the curly-haired boy with the mesmerizing tattoos walk away from me, leaving me alone in a fading crowd and, for hopefully the last time, an aching heart.

Why did I feel this way? Why did knowing this was the end leave me in utter shambles?

I picked my belongings up and hurried away, trying to resist the tears welling up inside.