Chapter 58

The doorbell rang as I was just finishing my last knot in my fish tail braid. I usually didn't care too much about what I looked like, but because it was me and Harry's first date, I wanted things to go perfectly.

I pulled down the bottom of my shirt so it hung loosely over my black leggings. The material clung to my hips slightly, but it was covered by the long Batman shirt I wore. I pushed my feet deeper into my almost-too-big brown combat boots and opened the door.

"Hey kitten."

Harry was dressed in his usual black skinny jeans, boots, and simply black t-shirt. I guess I hadn't gotten the memo about not dressing up.

"You look hot." He said bluntly.

"Erm, thanks. Just let me go get my purse." I told him and scampered up the stairs.

I searched my room for the black leather bag, hitting my knee a few due to my laziness to turn a light on. Amy was with Zayn at his house tonight and I told my parents that I was going out with a friend. They were in their bedroom watching TV so they wouldn't hear Harry. I just prayed they wouldn't come outside by accident....

I came back downstairs to the sound of laughter. My mothers laughter.

Crap.

"Oh, Ary! You're friend Harry here was just telling us about the time you tripped on the first day of school and he helped you up! Clumsy girl!" My mother giggled.

How I tripped and he helped me up? I pushed away my anger towards his lies. At least they were getting along.

"So what are you kids doing tonight?" My father asked as he walked inside the room. He was wearing that robe again.

I had to restrain my hand from burying my now flushing face. This could not get any worse.

"Well actually, I'm taking Aurora to the movie's. We're meeting a few kids from the orchestra there. It should be a nice night."

A nice night? Who was this freak and what had he done with the pompous jerk known as Harry?

"Well that's great. You're a very nice boy Harry. And I'm glad you're feeling better. Aurora said you were pretty sick on Monday."

"Sick?" Harry looked back at my mother confused.

"Yes, Monday. That's why she had to leave school during the day. To take you home." My mother explained, slightly concerned now.

"Oh yeah, I'm sorry that was a few days ago so I just forgot. Yeah, it was pretty bad. I just needed to go home, you know. Sleep it off. I was surprised she brought me home though. She usually is so involved in her studies to get distracted like that."

My mother looked at me, impressed.

"Wow. Well that's good to hear. You kids have fun now. Have her back by 12, ya hear?"

Harry smiled and my mother gave him a small hug and then followed my father back to the bedroom.

"Ready?" He asked.

I grabbed his hand, and we were out the door.

-----

The warm car was a nice contrast to the bitter cold. Now that is was October, the night air was extremely cold. It must have been only about 20 degrees.

"What was that all about?" I asked as he sat down.

"What was what all about?" He returned the question.

"Whatever that was. That's not the Harry I'm used to. The Harry I know would have insulted them and started calling them stupid pet names."

He smirked and pulled out into the road.