Chapter 42

We pulled up to the curb outside my house. Zayn's car was still in the driveway. My mind tried telling me that they spent the whole night making out, or even worse... But something else convinced me to let it go. I hadnt been completely honest with Amy either, so I shouldn't be the one blaming people here.

"You have everything? You didn't forget anything?" Harry asked me.

I shook my head and placed my hand on the door handle. Before I could leave, Harry placed a hand on my knee.

"Aurora," he spoke.

"Yeah?"

"Thank you, for everything. For not hating me. Most people would have ran away from by now, but you stayed. So thank you." He looked at me, staring deep into my eyes.

I gulped and nodded my head.

"Yeah, sure."

He smiled and released his hand from my knee. I climbed out of the car and waited for him to leave. As soon as I was alone, I started walking up to the door, taking my keys out of my purse and unlocked the door. I crept inside, hoping I could make upstairs and into the bathroom to shower without anyone noticing me.

I was almost half-way up the stairs when I was stopped by a Alabama accent.

"Nice to see you finally home. Have fun last night?" It was my mother, and she sounded beyond pissed.

I slowly turned around and laughed nervously.

"Mom! How are you today? Did you have a nice breakfast..." She stopped me before I could distract her further.

"No, shut up. Why didn't you come home last night?" Her hands were rested on her hips and her right foot tapped fiercely against the wooden floor.

"I was at Luke's house, he got in a little fight last night and I wanted to make sure he was ok. Me and his mom got to talking and I just ended up staying the night. It's no big..."

"But it is a big deal, because not only were you not staying at Luke's, you left Amy here with Zayn after she fainted alone and you're lying to me right now!" She yelled.

"Wait, what? Zayn's still here?"

"Yes he's still here! He was going to wait until you got home so Amy wasn't left alone and me and your father were was asleep, but you never came home! And Mrs. Hemmings called this morning to make sure you got home safely. It was completely embarrassing to tell her that I didn't even know where my own daughter was! Because you didn't tell me or your father where you were. You didn't tell anyone anything! And don't try to switch the topic, where were you?" She screamed.

"I...I..." I couldn't bring myself to answer. If I told her the truth that I spelt over with a boy like Harry, she would literally kill me. I put my head down and rubbed my neck, another habit I must have picked up from the boy I had spent the night with. I remained silent, hoping she would just storm off and let it be like she normally did when she was angry with me. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case.

"Fine, don't answer me. But you're grounded until next Saturday. You can keep your phone, but you can't go anywhere. And I'm taking your laptop, you're only allowed to keep your phone for emergencies. And Amy will be staying in the guest room for now on. As far as I'm concerned, besides church, violin lessons, and school, you're not to leave your room. Maybe next time you'll think twice when you want to act like a reckless fool!" She stormed out of the room and left me alone. I continued to walk up stairs, walking as slow as possible, almost as if walking slower would delay the punishment. I finally reached my room, and opened the door.

Amy and Zayn were spread out across the small couch Amy would usually sleep on, watching TV. Amy was asleep and Zayn was watching the screen peacefully while his fingers gentle ran through her dark, straight hair.