Chapter 58

taylor pov

i was sitting at the recording studio, trying to get down this verse and chorus i've had stuck in my head for a while.

it's about sam and i.

she always talks about what'd it'd be like with just me and her.

but there's paparazzi and people around us all the time, trying to tell us what to do and the flaws in our relationship.

i made the song so it sounds like i'm singing about a guy but it's sam obviously.

it's pretty much like about a love that everyone is trying to weave into or ruin the love they share and...yeah.

i played the piano,

"i-i-i-i

i-i-i-i

i-i-i-i

i-i-i-i

i-i-i-i

i-i-i-i, i, i

You stand with your hand on my waist line
It's a scene and we're out here in plain sight
I can hear them whisper as we pass by
It's a bad sign, bad sign
Something happens when everybody finds out
See the vultures circling dark clouds
Love's a fragile little flame, it could burn out
It could burn out

Cause they got the cages, they got the boxes
And guns
They are the hunters, we are the foxes
And we run

Baby, I know places we won't be found
And they'll be chasing their tails tryin' to track us down
Cause I, I know places we can hide
I know places, I know places"

the door to the booth burst open.

"REALLY MOM?! WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT YESTERDAY?! I ASKED YOU MOM I ASKED YOU TO BE CIVIL AND TRY TO BE NICE AND YOU WHAT? YOU WERE A TOTAL, COLD FACED BITCH!" sam screamed as she slammed her keys and bag down.

i tried blocking her out by playing the piano.

"mom!" she shouted.

i kept playing.

she slammed the top of the piano shut.

i ripped my hands away just in time and breathed heavily.

"what the hell sam? you almost cut off my friggin' fingers." i said, trying to breathe.

"what the hell was with you yesterday? you said you'd be nice."

i sighed, "sam. i know you love her and want to give her a second chance but i just don't trust her. not with you." i said and stood up, grabbing my water and sitting down on a chair, strumming my black acoustic guitar.

"why can't you trust her mom? i do." sam said and sat in front of me.

"sam. she took you away from me...i lost you twice to her. once she tried to kill you...and when it came down to me or her you chose her..." i said painfully as a tear dripped from my eye.

"god mom. do you really think i would choose terry over you?" sam said, slightly hurt.

i shrugged, "she's your birth mom."

sam smiled and laughed, "yeah but you're my mom. i love terry yeah sure. but god mom. you and i are so much more than that. you saved my life so many times and i couldn't be more grateful. yes i love you but not just a normal i love you mom. you are my true love. you always have been. you saved me. you were the first person i knew i could trust when i was in a dark time. when i fell in love with you  knew you were going to be right there to catch me. and you were. you saved my heart mom. you mean the world to me. no matter what everyone says about us we won't hear them. it's you and me. and for me mom it's always you. i would never make the stupid mistake of choosing terry over you again."