Chapter 1

"Doctor, it's an emergency, car accident near the highway, the patient have a rebar stuck his abdomen and he lost a lot of blood, the emergency treatment was done there. He is arriving in 5 minutes.. " The nurse said to the doctor as all of them hurried to prepare for the surgery.

"Prepare for the worst then, get extra blood ready.. And call for Dr. Namjoon.. " You said as you came down to the reception with the nurse.

The nurse nodded and went towards the other side in a hurry , and you turned towards the door as the patient arrived.
Few nurses hurried with you and you checked the man lying on the bed and all of you ran towards the OT.

You changed into your scrubs and started to wash your hands out of the OT.

"How's the patient..? " Someone said from your behind.

"Not well, we are doing immediate surgery.. I need you to assist me in that.. " You said without looking back.

"As you say Doctor. " The guy said, " But we can't do the surgery yet.. "

You looked at the guy standing there.

"Why we can't..? " You asked and he nodded as a No.

"The patients family.. They said if the chances are only 50 percent, then they can't waste money.. " He said.

"What the hell Namjoon...? Are you serious..?" You said and banged your hand on the sink.

"We can't do anything.. The family is poor and they are not willing to do so .. " He said again looking down on the ground.

"We don't have time.. The patient will die.. For God's sake.. " You said and came out of the OT section where the family was sitting.

There was an old lady, two children and a young lady of almost 40 , crying together.

As they saw you, they hurried towards you and asked, " How is he..? " The young lady asked.

"To be honest.. He is not good, we need to perform operation right now.. " You said and the lady backed out.

"Sorry, don't perform the operation.. " The lady said and fell down on the ground.

"Why don't I perform the operation..? " You asked as she was crying.

The old lady came towards her and started caressing her head.

"I suppose you are the patients Mother..? " You said and she nodded, "madam, this is the matter of your son's life.. Allow us to perform the operation.. "

"Doctor, we also want him to live, but.. We don't have enough money for that.. We can't do that.. We don't even have money to eat for tonight's dinner. How do you think we make the money in two hours..? " The old lady said and she too broke down in front of you.

"Don't worry, just allow for operation.. I will take care of the rest.. Even money.. " You said and both of them looked at you with their shiny eyes.

"Doctor, what are you talking about..? Will you save my Husband.. " The young lady spoke holding your hands. You nodded.

"I will save him no matter what.. I will take care of the money.. Just sign on the forms on the reception.., " You said and they nodded.
You hurried back inside and washed your hands again.

Namjoon was inside the operation theatre and when you came in, he smiled .
You always save the patients on the bed infront of you. He knew you would do that.