。187 。

-"Let her answer

-
"Let her answer."
-

TWO YEARS LATER
IVY IS THIRTEEN AND ALSO TURNS FOURTEEN IN THIS
XANDER IS SIX

Nova and Natasha sat in the living room, Natasha lying on top of Nova, a popcorn bowl on the floor beside them as they watched a film, Xander playing on the floor in front of them. The green-eyed boy had decided to make a house from a bunch of LEGO in a multitude of colours that were thrown all around him.

The door slammed shut, Ivy now back from school which finished later than Xander's school. The teenager was now in year 9 at secondary school, starting her GCSE's the next year. Hurried footsteps sounded up the stairs and Nova and Natasha glanced at each other with furrowed eyebrows.

"Becky was with her." Xander spoke up, Natasha concealing a grin when Nova shook her head, kissing her teeth. "Are they going out?"

"No." Nova denied immediately eliciting a chuckle from Natasha.

"We don't know." Natasha corrected and Xander grinned, nodding as he stuck two more bricks together.

"We do. They are not." Venom huffed, stretching from Nova's shoulder.

"Hi, Mums, Dad." Ivy said, coming into the living room, kissing Nova and Natasha on the cheek and patting Venom's head. "Me and Becky are gonna go to the cinema. Okay, bye."

"Hold it!" Nova called as she turned to run up the stairs, Natasha smiling at Ivy in amusement as Xander giggled.

"Yes?" Ivy asked, voice sweeter than usual to try and get what she wanted.

"What film you watching?" Nova raised an eyebrow and Ivy sighed in relief.

"Mamma Mia." Ivy answered and Venom's head shot up.

"No!" The alien denied and Natasha turned to him confused so he lowered his voice. "It is romantic and a musical. This will not end well."

"It's a double whammy." Nova gasped.

"Where are you going after?" Natasha asked, ignoring her husband who huffed, looking at Nova for support and she patted his head, pouting herself.

"Nando's." Ivy replied and Nova hummed in suspicion.

"Be back by eight, okay?" Natasha asked and Ivy grinned, nodding before she was skidding back up the stairs.

"Why did you say she could go!?" Nova questioned, outraged.

"Because she's fourteen. Plus, Becky and Ivy like each other. They have for years." Natasha smiled reassuringly. "She'll be fine."

"Hm." Nova hummed, looking away from Natasha before taking a mouthful of popcorn in her mouth. "Not talking to you. Ruined my day now."

"Shut up." Natasha giggled, kissing her chin before snuggling back into her chest. "I'm sure when you were fourteen, you were in love."