。142 。

-"Exsqueeze me?"-

-
"Exsqueeze me?"
-

Scott paced the room, muttering to himself continuously. Ivy was sat on the table, staring at him with a tilted head as she leant her head on Nova's stomach, the tall woman running a hand through her tight curls.

"Scott." Steve spoke up. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah." Scott paused, placing his hands on his face. "Have any of you guys ever studied quantum physics?"

"Yeah... no." Ivy denied and Nova chuckled.

"Only to make conversation." Natasha shrugged.

"Alright, so, five years ago, right before Thanos, I was in a place called the quantum realm. The quantum realm is like its own microscopic universe. To get in there, you have to be incredibly small. Hope. She's my, um... She was my... She was supposed to pull me out. And then Thanos happened and I got stuck in there." Scott explained.

"I'm sorry, that must have been a very long five years." Natasha apologised.

"Yeah, but that's just it. It wasn't. For me, it was five hours." Scott corrected.

"Exsqueeze me?" Nova asked in disbelief.

"See, the rules of the quantum realm aren't like they are up here. Everything is unpredictable. Is that anybody's sandwich?" Scott asked before storming towards it. "I'm starving."

"Scott. What are you talking about?" Steve asked as Scott turned back around and started eating the sandwich.

"So," Scott started, his voice muffled because of the sandwich, "what I'm saying is, times works differently in the quantum realm. The only problem is right now we don't have a way to navigate it. But what if we did? I can't stop thinking about it. What if we could somehow control the chaos and we could navigate it? What if there was a way that we could enter the quantum realm at a certain point in time but then exit the quantum realm at another point in time? Like... Like before Thanos."

"That was a lot of quantum realm." Ivy mumbled, trying to wrap her little mind around it all.

"Wait. Are you talking about a time machine?" Steve asked.

"No. No, of course not. No, not a time machine. This is more like a... Yeah. Like a time machine." Scott agreed. "I know, it's crazy. It's crazy. B-but I can't stop thinking about it. There's gotta be... some way... It's crazy."

"Scott. I get emails from a raccoon, so nothing sounds crazy anymore." Natasha spoke up.

"My Daddy's also an alien. This is normal." Ivy giggled and Scott smiled at her.

"Go and get some chocolate, petal, while we talk." Nova chuckled softly and Ivy nodded, hopping off the table and running to the kitchen.

"If she doesn't sleep, it's your fault." Natasha smiled.

"Uno reverse, Cherry." Nova smirked.

"So, who do we talk to about this?" Scott questioned.

"I have an idea." Nova hummed after a moment of thought, going into the kitchen. "Hey, petal, you wanna go see Morgan and Uncle Tones?"

{486}