。169 。

-"This isn't a strip joint, Bucky

-
"This isn't a strip joint, Bucky."
-

Nova sat on the plane heading towards America, head lolled to look out of the window at the clouds. Her phone pinged and she looked down at it. Due to Tony's technology he put in the phone he made, she was able to answer texts without disrupting how flight went.

It was from Natasha and it was a link to a video so she clicked on it, her music stopping and being replaced by a new version of The Star Spangled Man, a much worse version she could add.

In the video, people were dancing around on an American Football pitch, performing music as John Walker signed people's things in the crowd before running towards the stage, high-giving someone on the way, dressed in a pier excuse of a Captain America outfit.

"Ladies and gentlemen... Your new Captain America!" The interviewer grinned and Nova couldn't help but scoff quietly.

Steve was Captain America and he didn't make a big deal about it. There was only one other person worthy of being Captain America and that was Sam but she understood why he gave up the shield, she just wished it stayed in a museum and not pushed into someone's arms as if they were worthy.

"Good morning, America." John said to the crowd.

"Take your fuckin' time, love." Nova grumbled at his large pause between morning and America.

"Thank you so much for coming. This has gotta be fun, though, coming back to your high school after so much has changed?" The interviewer asked.

"John Walker!" A fan yelled.

"Oh, it's great.." He trailed off, chuckling before turning to the cheering crowd. "Oh!"

"John, I think the first thing everyone wants to know is what is it like being Captain America? Do eagles fly overhead wherever you go?" She asked and John laughed.

"Uh, yes. Yeah, that and flags tend to start majestically waving in the wind." John joked.

"And how's the tour been? I know they did a big rollout for you, right?" She questioned.

"It's the greatest honour of my life. Um, but I'm just a little shocked, I think. How did a guy like me end up here?" John asked with a chuckle.

"Oh, wait, wait. 'A guy like me'. Somebody's being a bit too humble. For those of you who aren't familiar with his résumé, 'John Walker, first person in American history to revive three Medals of Honour, ran RS-One missions in counterterrorism and hostage rescue.' The government did a study of your body at MIT, and you tested off the charts in every measurable category. Speed, endurance, intelligence-"

"Look, here's the thing, uh, I'm not Tony Stark, I'm not Dr. Banner, okay? I don't have the flashiest gadgets, I don't have super strength or an alien in me. But what I do have is guts. Something Captain America always had, always needs to have, and I'm gonna need every ounce of it. Because I got big shoes to fill." John explained.